Diesel Place banner

DB2 wide open issues.

610 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  crossy 
#1 ·
Gentlemen, I have an issue here that might be very easy for someone to figure out if you have been around these DB2 pumps for a while. I am working on a DB2-4096 pump that is attached to an ONAN L634 engine. The engine is WITHOUT all of it electronics that original controlled the RPM, there is NO generator attached any longer. Since re-wiring this engine from scratch it was running again and was running fine, but the RPM seemed a little high for just using in a diesel theory and troubleshooting class that I may be teaching later (irony eh?) , anyway I though the idle was a bit high and there was a fulcrum attached to the side of the pump and screws on both sides of it. Naturally my 50/50 first shot was the wrong screw and the idle went up a bit so I went to the other side of the fulcrum and started on that screw and the idle slowly went down until I got to a certain point . I then heard a click inside the pump and the RPM went to full(wide open and bouncing). I shut her down and now when started it will go to full RPM and moving the fulcrum will not affect the RPM. The fulcrum is attached to a crosshaft that Inside the pump, has a pawl attached to it. In the bottom there is a shaft with 5/8” diameter x 2” long spring, but I can’t figure out what is what in there as far as why I can’t get the RPM back down. The pawl seems to be loose and have no resistance. Is there a pin that sheared that holds the pawl to the crossshaft?. I don’t see one. I have a feeling the pawl went past a stopping point and the spring is holding the RPM way up now? Shed some light here for me if possible. Thanx , crossy

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.