Let's post up our Detroits - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > GM Diesel Engines > 6.2L Diesel Engine
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Advertise

6.2L Diesel Engine Discuss the 6.2 GM diesel engine & associated components.

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2008, 03:42 PM   #1 (permalink)
Joshthemule
Glow Plug

iTrader Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to Joshthemule

Let's post up our Detroits

This forum seems less and less active all the time. Lets put some motivation back into it and post up our favorite pics of our rigs. Tell us what you love about owning a 6.2. Maybe we can get a Mod to inbed pics.

I'll go

I'm the proud and satisfied owner of a 1991 GMC Suburban with a 6.2 liter diesel and the dealer installed Banks Sidwinder Turbo. I've installed the lift kit and the winch/bumper in my driveway. I've got a donner CUCV that I'm stripping down to have the spare parts and to swap in the 1 tone axles.

I love my rig because,

Its paid for.
Its pretty easy to work on.
I don't have to worry about gettin a scratch on it.
It can go anywhere in it
I can pack anything in it
and most of all...
My kids love it

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2350.jpg (375.8 KB, 618 views)

'07.5 Silverado 2500 LMM Crew Cab LB 4WD. Cognito UCA and 2" rear blocks. MT Classic 2s BFG 285/75/16 ATs.

'91 Suburban 1500 4x4 w/ dealer installed banks sidewinder. 6 inch suspension lift (custom springs by Alcan Spring) 14 bolt and D60. Hydro assist. 37s

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-29-2008, 05:32 PM   #2 (permalink)
bbbadboy
Diesel Champ

WHAT HE SAID.........My avatar is my favorite........LUV IT, LUV IT, LUV IT.........................If only I could find a woman like it

4. '88 K10 Silverado burb, 6.2na w/700r4 & 3.42 K20 axles
ADAPT, IMPROVISE, OVERCOME. YOU DON'T LIKE IT, MAKE IT WHAT YOU LIKE.
Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-29-2008, 05:48 PM   #3 (permalink)
MillwrightJesse
Banned

1989 V2500 6.5 Turbo Diesel

Coming up its Getting a 4" lift

and im debating putting a manual transmission in it
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SANY0317.jpg (141.0 KB, 366 views)

Last edited by MillwrightJesse; 08-29-2008 at 05:48 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-29-2008, 10:39 PM   #4 (permalink)
Croatan_Kid
Glow Plug

Well....I like that I can get 15 mpg in a 6000 lb, 1-ton truck on 39s. It sure beats the crap out of having a gas motor that would get 10, if I was lucky, in the same situation. Plus diesel engines are way more efficient! That's usually my excuse to justify driving it over my 1/2 ton truck that gets 18-20 mpg.

I don't like getting beat in traffic by fully loaded dump trucks though.

Here's my picture! (I promise there's a Detroit in there!)

Nah, here's my most recent picture of the truck.
40" Xterrains on H2s

Last edited by Croatan_Kid; 08-29-2008 at 10:43 PM.
Old 08-29-2008, 11:15 PM   #5 (permalink)
msdz
Diesel Starter

Well, I love the pics guys. All of them look cool to me. My pics are in My Garage if you wanna see them of my diesel. I did however post a couple pics of my old gasser I loved and another picture of something I would love to try to do myself one day.
The more I actually learn about the diesels as I go on due to this forum here and the people that help me out the more I am learning to love my diesel engine. It is just a little frustrating not knowing so much about them like I do a gas engine.... BUT I AM LEARNING!!!

Want to thank the guys that have helped me with my little problems and to this forum.

Last edited by msdz; 08-29-2008 at 11:16 PM.
Old 08-29-2008, 11:59 PM   #6 (permalink)
Joshthemule
Glow Plug

Nice guys, Keep them coming. I have to say, I would rather not have any "pics in my garage" posts. Lets see'm here. Its a convenience for the novice checking out the site.

I'm digg'n the CUCV on 39's. In fact. I love'm all.

Where's Olee and High Sierra? We always hear about their rigs. We wanna see them.

'07.5 Silverado 2500 LMM Crew Cab LB 4WD. Cognito UCA and 2" rear blocks. MT Classic 2s BFG 285/75/16 ATs.

'91 Suburban 1500 4x4 w/ dealer installed banks sidewinder. 6 inch suspension lift (custom springs by Alcan Spring) 14 bolt and D60. Hydro assist. 37s

Old 08-30-2008, 12:08 AM   #7 (permalink)
msdz
Diesel Starter

Just old muddy pictures is all I have as of right now of when it was stuck and when it got pulled out of the mud. Maybe tomorrow I will tkae pictures of it so you all can see the actual colors of the truck... with the rust, holes and all.

Last edited by msdz; 08-30-2008 at 12:09 AM.
Old 08-30-2008, 12:11 AM   #8 (permalink)
Joshthemule
Glow Plug

that's what I'm talk'n about.

Old 08-30-2008, 01:33 AM   #9 (permalink)
High Sierra 2500
Diesel Mythbuster

I'm here... Just finished moving (utilizing my trusty 6.2L diesel powered truck of course), so my activity on here has been a little spotty...

I've got the old 6.2 powered C2500, I'm pretty sure almost everybody's seen it these days (garage has like 2500 views ), but this is cool so I'll post a couple pics...

I love the thing though... It's beat up and looks like it's been through a war (it pretty much has ), but you can't kill it... Just keeps running. The truck falls apart around it but the motor just keeps running. The floor is made of plywood, there's rust holes in the bumpers, it's got dents and dings all over, looks like a farm truck at this point (even though I live in the city now), still has no issues going 70+ for hours on end with 500-1000 lbs in the bed and gets 23-25 mpg highway. People say I have a love-hate relationship with my truck, I guess the scary part is I don't deny it's a relationship...

I've loaded scrap metal into it with a payloader (still have the dent in the quarter panel from a cast iron bathtub getting dropped on it), hauled pieces of heavy equipment around a gravel pit (used to work in one), hauled countless engines and transmissions from the junkyard for my personal use and for work, brought home literally dozens of old motorcycles, big screen TVs, refrigerators, etc... I've hauled so much scrap with it it's crazy, I've been known to pile scrap on the roof and in the cab when I run out of room in the bed... Then the weekend rolls around, I used to tow my boat to the lake with it... And at the end of the day it's still good enough to go to the movies on a saturday night.

I keep saying I'm going to fix the body, and I started working on it, but stuff keeps coming up and I just never get to it...

2000 K1500 Silverado Z71 ext cab short box 5.3 gas. 320,000 miles and counting Sold at 325k miles

1927 Ford Model T pickup. Bone stock 22 hp 4 cylinder. Driven to work on a regular basis...
Old 08-30-2008, 01:42 AM   #10 (permalink)
bbbadboy
Diesel Champ

Help, Help......my Bowtie is drowning.........
Just raz'n ya msdz.........but seriously...........who taught you how to skip trucks acrossed a pond

4. '88 K10 Silverado burb, 6.2na w/700r4 & 3.42 K20 axles
ADAPT, IMPROVISE, OVERCOME. YOU DON'T LIKE IT, MAKE IT WHAT YOU LIKE.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

PLEASE READ! You must check your email inbox for the confirmation link to complete registration. Please check your spam box if you do not see the email in your inbox.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in