Injector flow number location on AC Delco reman? - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > GM Diesel Engines > Duramax Fourth Generation: 2007.5-2010 (LMM)
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Advertise

Duramax Fourth Generation: 2007.5-2010 (LMM) Discuss the fourth generation (2007.5-2010) of the 6.6L Duramax diesel engine & associated components. Engine related discussion ONLY.

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-02-2019, 01:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
WYO Chevy
Low Boost

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Injector flow number location on AC Delco reman?

Hi all,
I replaced all of my injectors over the weekend. #7 is setting the code for incorrect injector flow rate number.

Does anyone know for sure if the number is also located anywhere on the injector body itself? I do know that they cross out the numbers on the top they originally have when they rebuild them.

These are GM/AC Delco remans. I need to verify that number against the number on the package if possible!

I have searched on here and the web with no luck, thanks in advance if you can assist!

Back in the turbo Diesel world! Been living in the Vortec 8.1 arena for the last 10 years. Used to have a fleet of 6.2l CUCV's

2008 2500HD, LMM, CCLB, LTZ
100% unmodified (so far)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-02-2019, 02:03 PM   #2 (permalink)
Rvn4me
Diesel Pro

Michigan Oil Burners Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WYO Chevy View Post
These are GM/AC Delco remans. I need to verify that number against the number on the package if possible!

I have searched on here and the web with no luck, thanks in advance if you can assist!
I don’t think there is a ACDelco injector. Maybe GM/ACDelco part number.
97780360 INJECTOR, Fuel Injection
INJECTOR,FUEL(INCLUDES 12,293,378)(REMANUFACTURED-NOT FOR SALE WHERE IMPORTS ARE RESTRICTED)
You sure there not OEM Bosch injectors?
Maybe [email protected] will chime in.
The Bosch remans the flow rates echted in the side of the injector body. But you will also get the sticker.
You get a sheet or card with the new/rebuilt injector that has a flow number on it
What is your code DTC P160C?

Last edited by Rvn4me; 10-02-2019 at 02:21 PM.
Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-02-2019, 02:23 PM   #3 (permalink)
WYO Chevy
Low Boost

These are Bosch remans one would purchase through a GM dealer. The flow code is on the foil package they come in. If the number is indeed etched on the side I can pull it and compare to the package.

I have reset the codes and only had an issue with this one. For giggles I put the original code in for that cylinder and it doesn't set a code but I know the code is wrong. Put the new code in again and the code is back.

Back in the turbo Diesel world! Been living in the Vortec 8.1 arena for the last 10 years. Used to have a fleet of 6.2l CUCV's

100% unmodified (so far)

Last edited by OkDually; 10-02-2019 at 02:53 PM. Reason: removed attachment per request
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-02-2019, 02:27 PM   #4 (permalink)
OkDually
Administrator

DieselPlace.com Lifetime Premium Member

From what I see on the the AC/Delco Remans, the numbers are on the side of the units next to the connector:
Attached Images
File Type: png ac delco.png (91.9 KB, 9 views)
1996 K3500 6.5L,( "F" Eng #141 cast block) 5 speed manual, crewcab, dually longbed: 208,000mi.
Diamond Eye 4" Turbo Back Exhaust w/2.5" Flo-Pro Crossover
AirDog II DF165 w/ tank sock delete - XDP
TD-Max boost controller - Kennedy Diesel
OPS extension hose - Leroy Diesel
Glow Plug Harness- PT Wiring Solutions
Glowshift Maxtow EGT,Boost, Fuel gauges
Boost & Fuel Pressure Bolts - Leroy Diesel
2/0 Battery Cable Upgrade - PT Wiring Solutions
PMD w/#9 resistor and Re-Location Kit, mounted to bumper - Leroy Diesel
GM-5 Turbocharger
4.10 gear ratio
OptiLube summer + Formula

Proud member #1039 of The 3500 Dually Club

Old 10-02-2019, 02:34 PM   #5 (permalink)
WYO Chevy
Low Boost

I saw those numbers on the connector, they do not jive with the flow rate code. I think I need to pull it out and look on the body. Thank you everyone.

100% unmodified (so far)
Old 10-02-2019, 02:36 PM   #6 (permalink)
OkDually
Administrator

DieselPlace.com Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WYO Chevy View Post
I saw those numbers on the connector, they do not jive with the flow rate code. I think I need to pull it out and look on the body. Thank you everyone.
Try contacting a local auto parts store and see if they have one on the shelf they can pull and locate the code

1996 K3500 6.5L,( "F" Eng #141 cast block) 5 speed manual, crewcab, dually longbed: 208,000mi.
Diamond Eye 4" Turbo Back Exhaust w/2.5" Flo-Pro Crossover
AirDog II DF165 w/ tank sock delete - XDP
TD-Max boost controller - Kennedy Diesel
OPS extension hose - Leroy Diesel
Glow Plug Harness- PT Wiring Solutions
Glowshift Maxtow EGT,Boost, Fuel gauges
Boost & Fuel Pressure Bolts - Leroy Diesel
2/0 Battery Cable Upgrade - PT Wiring Solutions
PMD w/#9 resistor and Re-Location Kit, mounted to bumper - Leroy Diesel
GM-5 Turbocharger
4.10 gear ratio
OptiLube summer + Formula

Proud member #1039 of The 3500 Dually Club

Old 10-02-2019, 02:39 PM   #7 (permalink)
WYO Chevy
Low Boost

That I tried, they didn't have one. I sent you a PM related to this post also. Thank you

100% unmodified (so far)
Old 10-03-2019, 10:16 AM   #8 (permalink)
WYO Chevy
Low Boost

Update from last night for closure. I pulled #4 injector as it is only a 15 minute or so deal.

The GM/AC Delco Bosch reman. injectors do indeed have the flow code inked on the side of the black top connector. Very small, hard to see for sure.

I reinstalled #4 and was able to use a bore camera to verify the numbers on #7 which was setting the code. The flow number matched the package.

Now what? I reset the flow code for #7 and the code still set. Verified my numbers again, changed it back to the original flow number, cleared codes and back to the new number and the code did not reset. Pretty sure I made an error somewhere but all is happy now it seems.

I will write up my P0087 story at some point in the near future. Thank you to those whom chimed in

100% unmodified (so far)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

PLEASE READ! You must check your email inbox for the confirmation link to complete registration. Please check your spam box if you do not see the email in your inbox.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in