Diesel Place banner

Need Help Identifying noise

655 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  TheBac 
#1 ·
Hello guys figured I’d try here since everyone on the Facebook page seems to be useless. I have a 2008 lmm that I got about 6 months ago. The kid I got it from said the water pump made this whining noise ever since they put the new one in. He said “the gears need to mesh” I don’t know if I need to put another pump in it or if it’ll eventually go away? To me having lots of mechanical experience... a new part should not make that noise it’s not normal. I cannot attatch a video to this post so if someone wants I can email the video for you to listen too. It sounds like a gear whine coming from the water pump area.

#2 ·
Welcome to DieselPlace

The best way to post a video here is to upload it first to Youtube then copy the link in the address bar and paste it here in the forum
'
:thumb:

#5 ·
There were certain waterpumps back a few years ago that did whine like that. It's annoying as all hell, but iirc, it did not affect performance. Change it if you want.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.