Service stabilitrak & trailer brake - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > GM Diesel Engines > Duramax Fourth Generation: 2007.5-2010 (LMM)
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Advertise

Duramax Fourth Generation: 2007.5-2010 (LMM) Discuss the fourth generation (2007.5-2010) of the 6.6L Duramax diesel engine & associated components. Engine related discussion ONLY.

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-14-2010, 01:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
Stevo6754
Diesel Starter

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Service stabilitrak & trailer brake

Wasn't sure which subforum this would fit under so if its in the wrong one please move.

2009 silverado 2500, all options and aftermarkets as listed in sig.

Lately if I go over speed bumps too fast my truck would throw me the service stabilitrak, service trailer brake codes. It would do this until I turned it off and let it sit for a couple hours. I didn't think much of it since I rarely go over speed bumps too fast.

Fast forward to yesterday. Some idiot backed in to me with his truck, his ball mount hit the plastic covering on the side of the rear bumper. Was no visual damage except scratched plastic so I let the guy go. Now Im getting service stabilitrak & trailer brake randomly while just regular driving. Any ideas? Any sensors I should check?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-14-2010, 07:15 PM   #2 (permalink)
MTU alum
Diesel Pro

Are you getting ABS and traction control lights as well? The best would to get the DTCs pulled.

Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2010, 07:35 PM   #3 (permalink)
Stevo6754
Diesel Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTU alum View Post
Are you getting ABS and traction control lights as well? The best would to get the DTCs pulled.
I cant remember, Ill let you know when I drive it later. I tried to pull the DTC's problem is this is a random problem that occurs while driving, and my ppe doesnt want me to even turn the ignition all the way on while having it plugged in.

Think I might drive around till it comes on, immediately stop then try to pull the DTC's.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-14-2010, 07:51 PM   #4 (permalink)
Tanc Crusher
Diesel Ninja

INDP Member

What happens when the ppe is plugged in and you turn the key to Run?
Having some odd problems. Have you tried to return to stock tuning and unmarry the PPE to see what happens.
Sometimes the trailer issue is moisture in the plug or wiring harness if the wiring has been skinned.

Brian
Future: SDP S475 Twin Setup is here-install 6-18-11. On board Air with Side Step Tube Air Tanks, Custom Bed Fuel Tank and Water/Meth Tank.
New Toy: 2012 Dodge Challenger SRT8 Red and all stock for now.

Check out: My Garage for pics of the Truck, Mods, and Toys.
UA Steamfitter, Local 136 Evansville, IN

Last edited by Tanc Crusher; 03-14-2010 at 07:51 PM.
Old 03-14-2010, 08:02 PM   #5 (permalink)
Stevo6754
Diesel Starter

Not sure I just read the PPE said to just turn it so electronics are on not to run so I havent tried it. Also this truck has never been tuned its still stock tuned.
Old 03-14-2010, 08:37 PM   #6 (permalink)
Tanc Crusher
Diesel Ninja

INDP Member

I do not know the procedure for PPE so was unsure what you were getting at. Thought it did weird things.

Brian
Future: SDP S475 Twin Setup is here-install 6-18-11. On board Air with Side Step Tube Air Tanks, Custom Bed Fuel Tank and Water/Meth Tank.
New Toy: 2012 Dodge Challenger SRT8 Red and all stock for now.

Check out: My Garage for pics of the Truck, Mods, and Toys.
UA Steamfitter, Local 136 Evansville, IN
Old 03-14-2010, 08:55 PM   #7 (permalink)
DURAtotheMAX
Posting Fiend

PPE is not going to help you find EBCM (abs/stabilitrak/traction control module) codes.

You'll need a tech 2. I dont think efilive will work because they have not mapped out the 2009 TCM's and 2009 stabilitrak EBCM's....I might be wrong tho.

ben

big thanks to...Eric @ Merchant Auto, Mike @ Inglewood Transmission, Guy @ SoCal Diesel, IdahoRob, Tim @ St. Joseph Diesel, RickDLance, McRat/team salad, BigDipper, Nathan @ MPI, Bobo/team twisted, Fingers, Tony @ RidgeRunner Diesel, EFILive
Old 03-14-2010, 10:38 PM   #8 (permalink)
MTU alum
Diesel Pro

If you are getting ABS, TCS, Stabilitrak lights you probably either have a wheel speed issue or a power/ground issue to the module.

If you are getting only Stabilitrak lights, it is either a steering wheel angle sensor issue, yaw sensor issue, or a commucation issue with ECM/TCM.

If you do not have the opportunity to get codes, I would probably start looking at wheel speed connections and EBCM grounds. If you had codes it would put you in the right direction.
Old 03-16-2010, 10:24 AM   #9 (permalink)
Stevo6754
Diesel Starter

Yep Im getting traction control as well, I imagine you are right that it is a sensor. Taking it to the dealership tomorrow.
Old 03-17-2010, 02:31 AM   #10 (permalink)
tdahl
Block Heater

I lifted my truck and put 35" tires on 20x9 wheels. My stabilitrak light turns on every day. The dealer said they couldn't do anything about it cause any mod to the suspension will do this. even wheels and tires. It makes me mad!

05 LLY, Suncoast stage IV tranny w/ converter and transfercase brace, EFI live, 4" Magnaflow no cat, Diamond eye turbo direct down pipe, EGR block, AFE stage 3, FASS 150 pump
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

PLEASE READ! You must check your email inbox for the confirmation link to complete registration. Please check your spam box if you do not see the email in your inbox.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in