Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums (https://www.dieselplace.com/forum/)
-   Duramax Third Generation: 2006-2007.5 (LBZ & LLY) (https://www.dieselplace.com/forum/63-gm-diesel-engines/140-duramax-third-generation-2006-2007-5-lbz-lly/)
-   -   Installed DHD Fuel block and rubber lines, now rough idle (https://www.dieselplace.com/forum/63-gm-diesel-engines/140-duramax-third-generation-2006-2007-5-lbz-lly/981288-installed-dhd-fuel-block-rubber-lines-now-rough-idle.html)

ski1 01-14-2020 01:21 AM

Installed DHD Fuel block and rubber lines, now rough idle

After identifying the fuel manifold on the top of the engine was leaking, I installed the DHD high flow fuel block and rubber lines... After checking the install for leaks and makiing sure everything went back together, I started the truck back up.. Seemed to idle fine just after starting and idling, but within a few minutes, it was idling rough, had a lope and shakes bad. Everything went together although a little tight, with a slight bend in the 1/2 inch fuel supply line to the CP3.

I am rev limited to 2K rpms, is knocking and shaking, and no codes.... Has anyone see the ? I did change the fuel filter, nothing obvious missing or disconnected. Anyone experience anything like this ?

Rvn4me 01-14-2020 07:05 AM

Are you saying it won’t go past 2k rpm? Its in an engine limp mode it that’s what you have.
Fuel pressure regulator (FPR): Map actual versus desired rail pressure, if the graph is wavy and there is no air in the system it is usually caused by a bad fuel pressure regulator.

OkDually 01-14-2020 10:40 AM

Thread relocated over to the LB7 section
:thumb:

ski1 01-14-2020 04:26 PM

will the CTS2 map that commanded vs expected pressure ? That is all I have to check with. Yes, it is in limp mode, even after checking (no codes) and trying to clear them anyway.

Also, If a MOD can move this back to LBZ, I would appreciate it. I need to update my sig, I did an LBZ conversion but didn't upgrade my signature.

OkDually 01-14-2020 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ski1 (Post 9872058)
will the CTS2 map that commanded vs expected pressure ? That is all I have to check with. Yes, it is in limp mode, even after checking (no codes) and trying to clear them anyway.

Also, If a MOD can move this back to LBZ, I would appreciate it. I need to update my sig, I did an LBZ conversion but didn't upgrade my signature.

Relocated back over to the LBZ section.
Thanks for updating your signature info

:thumb:

Rvn4me 01-15-2020 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ski1 (Post 9872058)

Yes, you can monitor rail pressure on edge cts2 actual and desired.
Any codes?
Does this only at idle “lope and shakes bad”?
What was Tony’s recommendation.

ski1 01-15-2020 04:40 PM

thanks for the replies. At idle, I am at ~11Kpsi rail pressure, and the lope, almost knock like sound, and shake is most apparent. It feels like its missing when driving it. No codes at all. I am thinking FPR, but not sure. still limited to 2K RP<s, so still in limp mode but no codes.....strange