need diesel help please any master techs out there - Page 2 - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > GM Diesel Engines > Duramax Third Generation: 2006-2007.5 (LBZ & LLY)
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Advertise

Duramax Third Generation: 2006-2007.5 (LBZ & LLY) Discuss the third generation (2006-2007.5 LBZ & LLY) of the 6.6L Duramax diesel engine & associated components. 2006 LLY engine discussion also belongs in this forum due to the similarities of the 2006 LBZ and the 2006 LLY. Engine related discussion ONLY.

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-22-2019, 03:20 PM   #11 (permalink)
67ss
Heat Sink

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

thank you ron.im thinking something like that i just ordered the maf pigtail.another thing i noticed so at the begining of your diagnostics chart it says key on with the scanner the BARO and the MAP are suppose to be within 4K of each other there not baro 99k map 87k and i followed the diagnostics for that wich said replace map so i did it changed nothing.i guess thats were i get lost when diagnostics say replace something and it does not fix it and electrical parts cant return lol.i will keep you posted thank you very much for the help and ideas.think of anything else please let me know thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-22-2019, 03:44 PM   #12 (permalink)
Ron Nielson
Diesel Pro

I'm looking at post #6 and I don't see that comparison test. Where is it? I know that my BARO and my MAP are not the same, though in theory they should be, engine off. My BARO is 28.6 and my MAP is 28.1 both inHg (inches of mercury). What unit of measure is 4k?

2008 2500HD LT CCLB/Ally. Line-X, B&W Companion, MaxLoader Springs, Edge Insight CTS, Kennedy Custom ECM
2009 Arctic Fox 5er, Silver Fox Edition 29-5T, 3.6 Onan LPG, SteadyFast Stabilizers
Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-22-2019, 04:19 PM   #13 (permalink)
Ron Nielson
Diesel Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67ss View Post
the BARO and the MAP are suppose to be within 4K of each other there not baro 99k map 87k and i followed the diagnostics for that wich said replace map so i did it changed
I think your measurement was likely in kPa or kilo pascals. My truck, key on engine off has a reading of 97kPa for BARO and 95.3 for MAP. So the question is was your engine running? It definitely makes a difference. And at what altitude are you located? Where are you?

2008 2500HD LT CCLB/Ally. Line-X, B&W Companion, MaxLoader Springs, Edge Insight CTS, Kennedy Custom ECM
2009 Arctic Fox 5er, Silver Fox Edition 29-5T, 3.6 Onan LPG, SteadyFast Stabilizers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-23-2019, 01:59 PM   #14 (permalink)
67ss
Heat Sink

its in my first post 87kpa map and baro 99kpa and its around the same everytime key on engine off .for the diagnostics said replace map wich i did still has same readings with new map sensor.thank you very much for the help ron. i did order the plug for the maf as soon as i get it will let you know if there is any change thank you
Old 10-23-2019, 02:00 PM   #15 (permalink)
67ss
Heat Sink

sorry i am in washington state
Old 10-23-2019, 05:48 PM   #16 (permalink)
Ron Nielson
Diesel Pro

87 kPa MAP is about equivalent to 4000 ft in altitude; 99 kPa BARO is about equivalent to 1000 ft in altitude. Which one matches where you are?

Old 10-27-2019, 10:43 PM   #17 (permalink)
67ss
Heat Sink

my altitude is 397ft above sea level .i replaced the harness plug got a mile down the road engine light po101 reduced power barely got it back.i assume the readings look good cause no one has commented on anything being out of specs.is there anything else i could check or look for causing this code and reduced power.new maf,map,egr,maf harness,dry air filter,no air leaks between air filter and plastic tube that connects to the turbo.i just dont know what to do.thank you for all the help
Old 10-27-2019, 10:50 PM   #18 (permalink)
HWI
Clutch

Does the truck dump black smoke?
Old 10-28-2019, 04:32 PM   #19 (permalink)
67ss
Heat Sink

hello HWI yes it does really bad black smoke under throttle even kinda felt like a gas engine missing under heavy throttle as it poured out black smoke.please let me know what your thinking thank you
Old 10-28-2019, 09:38 PM   #20 (permalink)
HWI
Clutch

So the truck is clearly not building boost, but it is delivering the fuel. Based on everything else you have done without any results, I would lean towards a turbo issue. Do you know someone with a Tech 2 that can manually sweep the vanes? I'd start there.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

PLEASE READ! You must check your email inbox for the confirmation link to complete registration. Please check your spam box if you do not see the email in your inbox.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in