EFI LIVE FOR LBZ BY DURAMAXTUNER FINALLY ORDERED! - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > GM Diesel Engines > Duramax Third Generation: 2006-2007.5 (LBZ & LLY)
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Advertise

Duramax Third Generation: 2006-2007.5 (LBZ & LLY) Discuss the third generation (2006-2007.5 LBZ & LLY) of the 6.6L Duramax diesel engine & associated components. 2006 LLY engine discussion also belongs in this forum due to the similarities of the 2006 LBZ and the 2006 LLY. Engine related discussion ONLY.

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By skmct
  • 1 Post By IGO1320
  • 1 Post By TheJDMan

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2017, 11:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
BlackLBZHD
Diesel Fanatic

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

EFI LIVE FOR LBZ BY DURAMAXTUNER FINALLY ORDERED!

So I finally got my federal tax returns back and decided to go with the route I have been planning to go for a while.

I bought the Spade Jack with the DSP5 and a new Fuel Pressure Relief Valve.

I am very excited and I am wondering if anyone else had gone this route? I specifically asked if he could make it so my truck rumbles with the vanes at idle. Danny Voss from DuramaxTuner helped me out he is a really great and really knowledgeable when it comes to these trucks especially his favorite LBZ'S.

I am doing my egr delete asap and I was wondering for you guys that have done this if I got rid of the EGR cooler and the stock cold side pipe and the egr manifold itself if I could a blocker plate on the egr riser till I bought a new uppipe.

I am ordering a new intake tube that goes to the Y-bridge I just want to do upipes and my downpipe when I put my exhaust manifolds on the duramax tech at work gave me a set of exhaust manfold gaskets so we will both do it all at once.

DSP5 by DuramaxTuner, EGR 100% DELETED UPPIPE DELETED. HSP 3 " Y BRIDGE AND INTAKE TUBE BEHIND ALTERNATOR, Weather tech floor mats, PPE Race Fuel valve, LB7 UP-PIPE Magnaflow 5 Inch downpipe back, PPE STAGE 3 TIE RODS, MA magnetic transfer case drain plug, Pacer Smoked cab lights with LED bulbs,OPT7 LED FOGS LOWS AND HIGHS Denali punch grilles,Intake resonator plug,Caterpillar fuel filter adapter w/ CAT 1R-0749 opti-lube in every tank,Mishimoto magnetic oil drain plug, XPD crancakse breather fittings rerouted on either side, Amsoil oil only! University of Alabama and dealership technician/ fraternity man
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-30-2017, 04:51 PM   #2 (permalink)
skmct
Diesel Apprentice

I have the spade jack on mine its been on it for 2 years now I love the heavy tow tune with turbo brake. I am sure you will be very happy with it. Its a great tuner.

Firestone ride rite air bags
Boost & EGT gages
Duramaxtunner Jack-Spade-DSP5
ATTA 45 Gal Aux tank
Diamond eye 4" Qt exhaust
B&W Turnover ball with Companion
2014 Montana HC 318RE

1930 Ford Victoria ( HOT ROD)
1964 Impala SS conv. 327/4 on the floor
Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2017, 08:50 PM   #3 (permalink)
IGO1320
Diesel Superstar

X2 on duramaxtuner.
265/75/16 Michelin LTX AT2's on PYO's
Duramax.com tow tune, PPE Dual Fueler (P0087 cure)
Kitty on a "warm shelf", K+N Drop-in filter
Amsoil in all places, Amsoil BMK-27 Bypass
KYB shocks (stock sucked)
Autometer Boost/Pyro gauges/Edge CTS
EGR blocker and (Kennedy) finger stick
Transgo Jr. installed at 77325 miles
Kennedy Pump Rub plate installed, 98060 miles
Kennedy lift pump, reserve tank with transfer pump
Suncoast trans and 1700 stall converter @ 748,000
14.558 @ 91.03 Hypertech now?????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-01-2017, 06:00 PM   #4 (permalink)
BlackLBZHD
Diesel Fanatic

Guys I have a question regarding my race tune. I have been driving around on the race tune a good amount and I really do like it. However, they told me that the race tune has the potential to shorten the life of my stock transmission. Would keeping the trans away from the 5th and 6th gear when in the race tune make it last or if I drive hard on the race tune am i guaranteed to have to put a trans in my truck at some point?
DSP5 by DuramaxTuner, EGR 100% DELETED UPPIPE DELETED. HSP 3 " Y BRIDGE AND INTAKE TUBE BEHIND ALTERNATOR, Weather tech floor mats, PPE Race Fuel valve, LB7 UP-PIPE Magnaflow 5 Inch downpipe back, PPE STAGE 3 TIE RODS, MA magnetic transfer case drain plug, Pacer Smoked cab lights with LED bulbs,OPT7 LED FOGS LOWS AND HIGHS Denali punch grilles,Intake resonator plug,Caterpillar fuel filter adapter w/ CAT 1R-0749 opti-lube in every tank,Mishimoto magnetic oil drain plug, XPD crancakse breather fittings rerouted on either side, Amsoil oil only! University of Alabama and dealership technician/ fraternity man
Old 05-01-2017, 09:51 PM   #5 (permalink)
IGO1320
Diesel Superstar

Lift before it shifts to fifth. That tune will still shorten the tranny life if you are on it all the time.
265/75/16 Michelin LTX AT2's on PYO's
Duramax.com tow tune, PPE Dual Fueler (P0087 cure)
Kitty on a "warm shelf", K+N Drop-in filter
Amsoil in all places, Amsoil BMK-27 Bypass
KYB shocks (stock sucked)
Autometer Boost/Pyro gauges/Edge CTS
EGR blocker and (Kennedy) finger stick
Transgo Jr. installed at 77325 miles
Kennedy Pump Rub plate installed, 98060 miles
Kennedy lift pump, reserve tank with transfer pump
Suncoast trans and 1700 stall converter @ 748,000
14.558 @ 91.03 Hypertech now?????
Old 05-02-2017, 11:15 PM   #6 (permalink)
TheJDMan
Diesel Boss

DelMarVa Diesel Club Member

I run on the race tune from DmaxTuner all the time. The best protection for your transmission is your right foot regardless of the tune level. Like IGO1320 said lift before shifting into the overdrive gears. A little common sense goes a long way.

As for your up pipe, just capping the riser may work for a short time but not long term. Once you remove the support provided by the EGR cooler housing the riser starts vibrating and will eventually crack and start leaking. You need to be replacing it as soon as you can. I installed an LLY RH up pipe which does not have a riser and an aftermarket downpipe. Tip: do both up and down pipe at the same time to save yourself a lot of unnecessary work.
2007 Silverado Classic 2500HD 4x4, EC, SB, LBZ, Allison 1000 6 speed,BD LH Exhaust Manifold, EGR Delete, EFI Live DSP5 tunes by Duramax Tuner, Diamond Eye 3" Downpipe, Banks 4" Monster exhaust, Banks 3" Intercooler tube, AFE Turbo Inlet Tube, Kennedy dual lift pump, Bilstein shocks, 275x70-17 BFG T/A KO2 on 17x8.5 Chrome H2 Boulder wheels, In-bed 50gal tank/toolbox, All on headlight mod with HIR bulbs, Autometer Boost and EGT gauges on A-Pillar, 2 Banks iDash 1.8 monitors.

If I have to explain it, you wouldn't understand anyway!
Old 05-04-2017, 11:53 PM   #7 (permalink)
BlackLBZHD
Diesel Fanatic

Cool man thanks a ton! Yeah I plan on doing exhaust manfifolds and uppipes all at once. How many miles have you been tuned for? I take it off of the race tune a lot because I am scared I will hurt my trans..... I also will try to do the uppipe and DP at once since the diesel tech at work said the DP has to come off for the upppipe to go on. Thanks again
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

PLEASE READ! You must check your email inbox for the confirmation link to complete registration. Please check your spam box if you do not see the email in your inbox.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in