LBZ: What did you do to your LBZ/LLY today? - Page 38 - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > GM Diesel Engines > Duramax Third Generation: 2006-2007.5 (LBZ & LLY)
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Advertise

Duramax Third Generation: 2006-2007.5 (LBZ & LLY) Discuss the third generation (2006-2007.5 LBZ & LLY) of the 6.6L Duramax diesel engine & associated components. 2006 LLY engine discussion also belongs in this forum due to the similarities of the 2006 LBZ and the 2006 LLY. Engine related discussion ONLY.

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree117Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2019, 10:06 AM   #371 (permalink)
Mickeroon
Clutch

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Put on a new left rear hub then gave the old girl a bath. hoping this will finally stop the wheel seal leak problem.

2007 GMC Serria 2500HD Classic, SLT, 4x4, LBCC, EFI Live Spade Jack programmer by Duramax Tuners, MBRP 4" turbo back exhaust, LineX spary liner, 265x75x16 Michelin LTX-2 on stock wheels, Bilstein shocks, Power Stop tow rotors and pads, Transgo Jr. shift kit, Ipod Adapter with the factory radio, B & W Patriot 16k hitch
2018 Cougar 344MKS Fifth-wheel.
Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-03-2019, 11:13 AM   #372 (permalink)
steakman
Diesel Superstar

iTrader Score: 2 reviews

Ontario Diesel Place Chapter Member

Alberta Coal Rollers Member

Rmoved rust behind the rear wheel wells.. lower parts close to the bumper
Sanded - up to 600grit - tack cloth followed by "Final Clean"
The BEST Etching primer 2 coats
Olympic #50 white in a Spray bomb made by local Body shop supply. 3 coats.

Works like a charm....looks just find.
Gotta keep the old girl lookin good..!!

Theo

348,715 miles (561,205km)..
Orig: Injectors/cp3
HG's - ARP Studs: Sep '15..

Pulling a 2003 Canadian Built - Citation 26RKS 5th Wheel

Alberta Coal Roller Member Numero Uno

Last edited by steakman; 06-03-2019 at 11:15 AM.
Old 06-03-2019, 10:55 PM   #373 (permalink)
Bryanshadow1
Gear Grinder

Filled her up with Chevron diesel and contemplated replacing the front bumper or putting on a lift pump. Hard choice when your work is right around the corner from a diesel performance supplier....
Current Mods: Cranked Keys | Cognito Upper CA's | Bilstien 5100's | AFe BladeRunner Intercooler Hot Side Pipe | MBRP 3" Turbo Downpipe | 4" Magnaflow Cat Delete w/Muffler and 5" Tip | Line-X | Pioneer HU/Amp/Speakers | Optima Yellow tops | Limo Tint | Mike L. Trans | EfiLive tuned by myself | Edge Insight CTS2 w/ EGT Probe | BD Diesel Left Exhaust Manifold | B&W 18k Slider | Firestone Riderite 5k Airbags
Future Mods: LEDs in/out | DSP5 | Lift Pump | Whatever else I find the time for...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-09-2019, 12:21 PM   #374 (permalink)
steakman
Diesel Superstar

iTrader Score: 2 reviews

Ontario Diesel Place Chapter Member

Alberta Coal Rollers Member

Replace front Drivers Brake line - was rubbing against my inner wheel...my most excellent Diesel Mechanic added a reinforced rubber hose slit down its long side and tie wrapped on to the area it rubs (added protction), going to do the pass side this week.

Also replaced the original WIF which finally shat the bed and was leaking constantly.
I guess they simply wear out with the plastic becoming brittle over the past 14 yrs.

Still the best damned behicle I ever owned....hands down.
Theo
348,715 miles (561,205km)..
Orig: Injectors/cp3
HG's - ARP Studs: Sep '15..

Pulling a 2003 Canadian Built - Citation 26RKS 5th Wheel

Alberta Coal Roller Member Numero Uno

Last edited by steakman; 06-09-2019 at 12:22 PM.
Old Today, 08:29 PM   #375 (permalink)
306LBZ
Diesel Boss

Done a lot in the last couple months. but aside from some uneccesary stuf that I did because of an annual safety including brakes line replacement, routing, bleeding multiple times with about a gallon of fluid to kind of flush it and other things. Then got an air bag code after passing the safety so replaced the front sensor on the bumper.

I just hit a 1/4 million K on the odometer(id be well over 400k if I wasn't driving other vehicle more often the last 5-6 years) so I decided id bleed the Brakes again, do an ABS bleed a couple-few times because I now own the tool that lets me do it(didtn fix an issue where Im almost at a stop and the abs seems to kick in for a split second, maybe hubs is my next guess?!?), then changed out the transynd with fresh stuff and a new Allison spin on filter magnet and plug gasket. Then decided Id change the transfer case fluid out quick too. Did an oil change recently but I may just do another one with a flush first just cause since she just turned 250k and I have a couple pails of Rotella. Plan on doing the injector cleaning pricess with liquimoly diesel purge since the dealer stuff is different and not in stock locally now too.(thoughts?) Weird that the trans is running warmer now after the fresh fluid though....and if the brakes aren't the abs issue, then my next guess is a hub even though there is no play and no code(and I did replace a hub sensor wire because I noticed some minor rubbing on it but nothing changed then either). I its not hubs then dare I say torque converter? Am I on the right track Or am I just scaring myself?

2019-06-16 11.39.42.jpg

2019-06-17 13.25.52.jpg
TRANSGO JR
EGR Blocked and Disabled
Cognito 4" NTBD Kit w/ Zinc plated Bilsteins all around
FOX 2.0'S ALL AROUND
KRYPTONITE UCA'S
285 70 10 PLY BFG AT TAKO's on 17" H2's(SUMMER)
255 85 10 PLY ON 16" PYO'S(WINTER)
AIR LIFT bags
and a few other minor additions here and there(SEE GARAGE)
Towing a 36' 5THWHEEL ENCLOSED CARGO TRAILER ALL DAY LONG!
SOLD 2015 SIERRA HD CCSB SLT

Last edited by 306LBZ; Today at 08:33 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

PLEASE READ! You must check your email inbox for the confirmation link to complete registration. Please check your spam box if you do not see the email in your inbox.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in