Diesel Place banner

Dodge wiring harness help

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  ruffneckred 
#1 ·
Hello

My son abandoned our family and bought a Dodge, uff da, parenting fail,lol. Not that big of deal, but it is a 2500, with a cummins. Says dual turbo on the badges but the previous owner has modded the poop out of it, single turbo now. To cut to the chase, junior hit the ditch and somehow broke the front driveshaft. The dual U joint in front of the transfer case broke and the "links" that connect the 2 U joints have cut into the wiring harness right there at the crossmember. SO are project is to get the wiring harness either out completely or far enough to make a reasonable attempt to solder the wires up. Looks like about 6 are cut so this may be quite the challenge. Hurdle 1 is removing the harness and so far we have one belligerent connection located on the top of the DEF tank. We can only see it via pictures, which I will try to add. There is a red "keeper" that we could slide back and forth on the top, well a bit of prying and the red "keeper" along with a grey "keeper" that was under the red one are on the shop floor. I don't think they broke off, just dislodged. But the connector remains stubborn, seems like it will move a little bit but something else has it. Any suggestions about the connector would be great, I think next step is a live web cam so we can see what we are prying on. Any thoughts on soldering would be great, not sure what the wires that need splicing run too and am hoping I don't run into change in resistance from soldering issues, this is a bit out of my element. I actually hope we can get the entire harness out and either have a professional repair done or pony up for a new harness.

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.