Diesel Place banner

Replacement Slave Cylinders - Research

Info: 
9K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Truckin91 
#1 ·
Trying to research to see if we can figure out if there is actually more than one manufacturer of these concentric slave cylinders used on the Duramax/ZF-6 trucks.

I've found that Autozone sells one manufactured by a company called FTE. (Appears to be a German company)
Concentric slave cylinder

Pics of Autozone Slave Cylinder:

Then I found that South Bend Clutch also sells a slave for our trucks manufactured by a company called - FTE

Pics of SB Clutch Slave Cylinder (new one in package, other is used)

Others care to share pics of Slave Cylinders they've bought?

See less See more
#2 ·
I don't have a picture. When I replaced mine I did some research on the powerstroke forms as that what I drive. I went with the prebled kit from ford, but there was another guy talking about one from autozone being aluminum versus plastic, and that's what he was using along with a braided line. Pardon my memory this was a couple years ago.

#3 ·
FTE Slave

GM part number is a FTE made in Czech Republic. At least the GM part number comes with line. It's amazing that the downfall of these ZF-6 equipped Duramax's are a lousy slave cylinder that most can't seem to get to last.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.