Diesel Place banner

Southbend is on it's way

2K views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  01Duramax6spd 
#1 ·
Waiting on my DD Ceramic to get here. I'm going to have Fleece put it in since I don't have time or all the tools to do it right now. I'll finally get to see how hard my race tune pulls since my single disc starts to slip right when I get the turbo lit :)

#6 ·
Got the truck back last night, still breaking it in, its got a little squeal on first take off, and it has the gear-roll sound when sitting in neutral. Other than that and needing to be broke in I like it, believe it or not my pedal-pressure is decreased to disengage the clutch. I had a new slave cylinder and pilot bearing put in.

So far I'm very happy with it, once it's broke in I'll give it some good flogging to see how she feels.

#7 ·
If someone was to ask me to find any problems with it, the ONLY things that I could say is the disk rattle and "bouncy" take offs can be irritating only when your trying to be quiet or have an elderly in the vehicle and want to keep the driving as smooth as possible. Other then that, well, what can I say! When the clutch is engaged, its engaged!! :D

I've ran mine on PPE Hot race level 10 for a while and since I had to take my 5th gear (6th on the stick) out again. I took my clutch out and shipped it back to southbend to be strapped. Brian is also gonna check the condition of the clutch. I'll let you guys know how it has held up under my heavy foot!

#8 ·
I got 97K out of my first DD plus about 30 hooks to a sled. The next one I got about 70K on right now and it's still holding good.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.