Diesel Place banner

Location of ZF6 trucks

356K views 2K replies 270 participants last post by  CaptSkibi 
#1 ·
This is just an idea but I think it would be good to make this a "sticky" for us 6spd guys trying to locate trucks.

Post up the location and name of dealer that has 6spd trucks you know about {unless you are not wanting it to be known} and that will give us a way to find what we need/want.

Local dealer here {GMC of Chadron} has an 06' GMC 2500 Crew,LB,
D-Max/6spd,4x4,W/T,pwr windows and locks, only 15K.

BTW I need a Crew,Dually,4x4.

#2 ·
Great idea!

I was moderately interested in buying a diesel untill I came across a handshaker on a local lot here. After that I had to have it! This will be good for people who are really looking for a ZF-6 and dont know where to start.

#4 ·
I hope it works,cause like you have said it'll give buyers a place to locate what they need :cool:.

#5 ·
Absolutely. At this time, I haven't seen a single ZF on a dealer's lot other than my truck...

At three different dealers, I've had salesman come out and check out my truck because some have never seen, and one didn't even know they came with the ZF.

I haven't even seen any on ebay lately. If I find any, I'll definitely post them up.

#8 ·
t_dub1571;1721312; said:
There is a 4500 reg cab with a flat bed on ebay right now that I was checkin out... pretty neat lookin rig.. anyone know if they made any 4500s or 5500s with a ZF that were a 4x4?

later, TW
I have never seen any and they wouldn't let me order a 4500 4x4 ZF last fall when I tryed :( .

#9 ·
I found mine on autotrader. I would say its your best place to find one because you can specifically search for a manual and diesel. I was lucky because it was almost exactly what I was looking for and it was only about 50 miles away.

#1,986 ·

#10 ·
There's 35 4x4 dually 6spds in all of the US. I watch it every day :D . Can't find a blue or black Crew Cab though. Found a nice green one but it's priced a bit high :rolleyes: .

#12 ·
The Green '03 Jimmy doesn't seem to be priced too bad, considering. It's got under 1/2 the miles of the green Chebby, and only a couple g's more.

I think '03 is the best year, personally. All the bells and whistles of '01 and '02, new dash/interior, and the tried and true LB7.

Then again, I'm not telling you anything you don't know...

#13 ·
tysmith;1723985; said:
The Green '03 Jimmy doesn't seem to be priced too bad, considering. It's got under 1/2 the miles of the green Chebby, and only a couple g's more.

I think '03 is the best year, personally. All the bells and whistles of '01 and '02, new dash/interior, and the tried and true LB7.

Then again, I'm not telling you anything you don't know...
Maybe I should jump on it.
I'd like an 03' myself,too.

#15 ·
tysmith;1724126; said:
Some people don't like the green, but personally, I think it's real sharp. And there aren't many of them out there...
I really liked it too but I've pushed and prodded them and got no where. They are set on keeping it or getting $28,999 :mad: .

#16 ·
Considering we can't get them anymore, maybe they know that...

I've always gulped hard before and during purchases. As soon as the keys are in hand, that goes out the window.

Plus, you know what to expect.

There are always others, though getting fewer and farther between. If it's the one, it will be so!

Best of luck with your decision. I'll keep my eyes peeled...

#17 ·
That green one is on Ebay now. Same price, but has "Make Offer" on it now :rolleyes: . Wonder if he'd take $25K :D .

#19 ·
The guy with the green one got back to me and said to make an offer and he'd try to sell it to me :D . Where should I start? He's asking $29,500.

#20 ·
The worst he'll say is no...

Offer a grand or two less than what you're willing to pay. You can always go up, it's hard to go back down when they take the first offer. :D

Tons of money is made on used vehicles, that's nothing new. On the other side of the coin, you know how far and few between they actually are.

Best of Luck. In the end, YOU have to be happy with your decision.

I'd probably pay 28ish for that truck. Especially if it was what I wanted... ;)

#21 ·
Where to post

I saw where someone had said that every truck that was posted here with a 6 speed sold quickly....I have an 01 Crew Cab 4X4 160,000 for sale with the 6 speed. Is there a for sale section to post it...I didnt see it but will look again

#22 ·
mwhitfil;1742393; said:
I saw where someone had said that every truck that was posted here with a 6 speed sold quickly....I have an 01 Crew Cab 4X4 160,000 for sale with the 6 speed. Is there a for sale section to post it...I didnt see it but will look again
PM sent.

#24 · (Edited)
I offered $25,500 and was told I needed to be a little closer to $27,500. I'll see what the bank says and go from there.

My question is it's listed in TN and GA and that seems odd.

#26 ·
the mechanic;1744761; said:
How come on the GM website when you try to option your dream truck it says you can only get the allinson with the diesel.
ZF = No longer available.....

the Allison has a "manual" mode or whatever..... what more do you want??

kinda sad for us, but it happens

later, TW

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.