New to LBZ. 6 speed questions. - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > GM Transmissions > Allison OEM
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Advertise

Allison OEM Discuss repairing & maintaining an OEM Allison automatic transmission.

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-29-2019, 08:44 PM   #1 (permalink)
1LTREATR
Diesel Boss

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

New to LBZ. 6 speed questions.

Hey everyone, Ive been driving the 06 in my sig for about 2 months now. Itís got an exhaust and thatís it but the EGR will be deleted soon enough. Bought it with 110k miles on it and no rust which isnít very common around here (Ohio). Front wheel bearings have been replaced, trans cooler lines were replaced at least once, front end was tight except for the pitman arm, and the brake lines to the rear were in good shape but the fronts are a little worse. No codes or stored codes. Anyway, I had a 02 LB7 and Iíve been putting around in my 97 12 valve as of late and wanted to know if maybe Iím just not used to the 6 speed in this truck or what. Iíve noticed a few times when Iím slowing down almost to a stop then start to accelerate again the truck almost seems to hesitate or like it was searching for a gear if that makes sense? I think it just down shifts to second. A guy was riding me pretty good on my way home from work today so I laid into the throttle about 75% then had to slow down pretty quickly and came to a complete stop very briefly. When I went to accelerate this time the same the same slop happened. No engine lights or anything. Fluid looks good but Iíll probably change it and the filters anyways. Is this kind of thing normal? Iím planning on taking the truck to Jeff Deans shop as I wanted him to use his EFI live and make sure the truck doesnít have a tune in it even though the dealership assured me that it didnít (again probably just not used to the power coming from a 12 valve). Doesnít do it all the time and Iím probably just super paranoid because all Iíve done for months before buying the truck is read about LBZ problems on a couple forums. Thanks for the input.

2006 GMC 2500HD D/A. Extended cab short bed 4x4. 5 inch MBRP turbo back exhaust. MA pump rub.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-29-2019, 09:31 PM   #2 (permalink)
OkDually
Administrator

DieselPlace.com Lifetime Premium Member

Relocated over to "Allison OEM"

1996 K3500 6.5L,( "F" Eng #141 cast block) 5 speed manual, crewcab, dually longbed: 208,000mi.
Diamond Eye 4" Turbo Back Exhaust w/2.5" Flo-Pro Crossover
AirDog II DF165 w/ tank sock delete - XDP
TD-Max boost controller - Kennedy Diesel
OPS extension hose - Leroy Diesel
Glow Plug Harness- PT Wiring Solutions
Glowshift Maxtow EGT,Boost, Fuel gauges
Boost & Fuel Pressure Bolts - Leroy Diesel
2/0 Battery Cable Upgrade - PT Wiring Solutions
PMD w/#9 resistor and Re-Location Kit, mounted to bumper - Leroy Diesel
GM-5 Turbocharger
4.10 gear ratio
OptiLube Winter Formula

Proud member #1039 of The 3500 Dually Club

Online   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-29-2019, 09:42 PM   #3 (permalink)
johnH123
Diesel Apprentice

My dads '12 6.0 vortec does that same thing. I think it must be a 6 speed thing.

A few mods: 3" straight pipe, Bosch boost gauge, Bosch glow plugs.

Gone but not forgotten: 2001 silverado 2500hd CC/SB, 4x4, 6.0 vortec, 229k miles when I traded it.
Online   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-30-2019, 01:01 AM   #4 (permalink)
davester
Diesel Prodigy

totally different 6-speeds, both physically and programming-wise.
Whee! Dually Club Member #1109
Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-30-2019, 09:54 AM   #5 (permalink)
Rvn4me
Diesel Pro

Michigan Oil Burners Member

Fuel filter changed. If not a good EFILive tune will take care of the OEM sloppy throttle.

Last edited by Rvn4me; 05-30-2019 at 09:56 AM.
Old 05-30-2019, 11:01 AM   #6 (permalink)
1LTREATR
Diesel Boss

That’s for the ideas. Fuel filter and oil were the first things I changed when I got it. I’m pretty sure through my searching I’ve read about “updates” for the 6 speed? It doesn’t really bother me as long as everything is as it should be. I’m not going to tune this one, I just want it to last me a long time. Between this and the 12 valve I shouldn’t need another vehicle for a while hopefully.

2006 GMC 2500HD D/A. Extended cab short bed 4x4. 5 inch MBRP turbo back exhaust. MA pump rub.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

PLEASE READ! You must check your email inbox for the confirmation link to complete registration. Please check your spam box if you do not see the email in your inbox.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in