Allison Info, Specs, and Code list - Page 2 - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > GM Transmissions > Allison OEM
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Advertise

Allison OEM Discuss repairing & maintaining an OEM Allison automatic transmission.

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-26-2008, 11:52 PM   #11 (permalink)
05duramonster
Glow Plug

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Any chance of someone posting up how much fluid on a drain and fill when replacing the spinon filter?

Offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2008, 01:32 AM   #12 (permalink)
BHoward6.6
Diesel Champ

iTrader Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to BHoward6.6

1 pint (.47 liters) as per Allison
http://www.allisontransmission.com/s...ID=5&Preview=1

Compound Turbos 483 double batmo over Danville 72

Old 01-27-2008, 11:06 AM   #13 (permalink)
BHoward6.6
Diesel Champ

iTrader Score: 13 reviews
Send a message via Yahoo to BHoward6.6

10.6 quarts for refill
Compound Turbos 483 double batmo over Danville 72

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-08-2008, 04:37 PM   #14 (permalink)
skyjammer0

Code 735

Got this code, took it to the dealer, and strangely enough, the code was no longer there. Some of you folks have mentioned this code. What has been done to those of you that have this code. Input appreciated.
Old 02-11-2008, 08:00 PM   #15 (permalink)
bobo
Diesel Veteran

Send a message via AIM to bobo Send a message via Yahoo to bobo

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyjammer0 View Post
Got this code, took it to the dealer, and strangely enough, the code was no longer there. Some of you folks have mentioned this code. What has been done to those of you that have this code. Input appreciated.

That is a trans limp code most likely caused from overpowering the trans in 5th gear and slipping the clutches. First thing I'd do is make sure the fluid is full and change the spin on filter. If that don't help, drain the fluid in the pan and change out the internal filter. When doing this you should be able to notice the condition of the fluid to tell if it is discolored or smells burnt. Also, you will be able to inspect the pan for debris from the clutch packs, converter, or hard parts. If the fluid is nasty, flush it and put in some fresh fluid along with all new filters. If the fluid is bad enough that you are flushing it because of the burnt smell or debris in it, you are on borrowed time and probably will need the trans rebuilt sometime in the near future. Take all power adders off the truck and hope for the best!

If you think that is too much of a PITA...call ATS or Suncoast and order up a full built trans. They will ship you a trans that can hold 500+ hp and you can install it yourself. Ship them your old trans back and enjoy.
Old 02-12-2008, 11:30 AM   #16 (permalink)
skyjammer0

Tranny

Bought the truck used. Has an Edge on it. When I was test driving, the check engine light was on, and the dealer said they would check it out. Also noticed that the Edge was set on level 5! Idiots! I set it to 1. That is the way I drive it now, basically stock level. No need to run it with more. The only thing the Edge is good for now is monitoring. Anyway, first time I tried to pull my 5er with it, the tranny overheated. I pulled off the road, sat for a while, then went back home. After tranny cooled completely, I checked the fluid level, and it was up over the hot line. Can you say overfill? Idiots! I changed the spin-on, and lowered the level. Next day, pulled again. No overheating this time, but several times it would get stuck in 4th low. This probably contributed to the overheating, as I didn't notice the gear sticking. I was driving in winds, so just figured that the truck was having a hard time with the head wind. Anyway, I pulled over, let the truck set for a few, and continued on. Happens again. Pull over, put it park, put ti back in gear, and it is still in 4th! Turn it off, set a few, then back on the road. Happened 3 times on the way out. Of course, the check engine light comes on before it happens. Anyway, on the trip home, it didn't happen at all. Took it to a friend who has a reader, and he comes up with code 700 & 735. It's in there even though the light has gone off. Took it to the dealer, told them the story, and told them that I knew what codes were in there, so don't f around with me, just fix it. After a week, they call and say the truck is ready, and "strangely" enough, they say they were no such codes, and there is nothing that they can do. They say the problem probably comes from they Edge, and that they will have to report this to GM. Thing is, they sold me the truck with the Edge already on it, and there was a check engine light on at the time of purchase, and they wrote a due bill saying that they will take care of it (along with some body damage, which they did take care of). Now suddenly there is nothing wrong. I know what they are doing. I bought the extended warranty (truck came with a 3 month, 3000 mile from dealer), and they are hoping that the problem will not surface until the 3 months is up. If it does, then they will tell me that the Edge is the problem, so I am poop out of luck. Love these honest dealers! Oh well, if push comes to shove, then I guess the warranty will pay for tranny, and it will cost me $200.00.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread