Slips in and out of OD - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > GM Transmissions > 4L80/85E Transmissions. 6L90 Transmission
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Advertise

4L80/85E Transmissions. 6L90 Transmission Discuss the 4L80/85E transmissions found in the 6.2/6.5L equipped vehicles and Duramax equipped vans. 6L90 discussion.

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-27-2019, 10:15 AM   #1 (permalink)
Goose57
Formerly Cardinale
Block Heater

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Slips in and out of OD

Hey all, had the truck for about a year. Sat for about 2 years. Boss gave it to me free. Said it just stopped on him and he ran codes and said it needed a computer. I got it home put the original ecm in and while checking lift pump flow at valve it started. Very good surprise (boss said he was very good at adding fuel stabilizer but 2years?). Started recently slipping in/out of OD. sometimes staying in 4th for awhile. Intermittent stuttering on acceleration. Seems to get better as it’s driven.Fluid was never changed since my boss owned it. Fluid looked good but went ahead and changed fluid and filter also electrical harness due to fluid in the plug.(wish I would of put new solenoids in).:shake: It had this problem before and after I changed fluid. Pulled unrelated DTC,s 47,78.(will be going to another forum for those) 134,000 miles when I got it. 140,000 now.
I have checked some grounds back intake,passenger frame rail. Found some wires chewed on vss at TC but that was when I fist got the truck. Did not check any sensors since there were no code related codes. Did not check new harness for leakage not sure where I bought it. But will check.
HELP!!!

GOOSE 1995 k3500 6.5 TD Dully.OPS hose upgrade (Leroy,s). TM upgrade. New complete AC system. K&N open air filter. Diamond 4” turbo back exhaust. 2.5” crossover.New AC delco GP,s. 2/0 upgraded battery cables. Relocated PMD kit(front bumper) from Leroy,s
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-27-2019, 12:03 PM   #2 (permalink)
Glagulator
Diesel Superstar

iTrader Score: 5 reviews

Un-plug the IAT sensor, on top of the intake hat with yellow and black wires, clear the codes and drive it some. Check codes. Did tranny stop acting up?

99 CREW LONG SRW C3500 work truck 199k+ mi. orig. motor & trans 4.10, modded engine harness, new oil cooler & lines, all new front end parts and poly bushings, trans poly mount, all new brakes.
96 SUBURBAN K2500 wife's truck 210k+ mi. orig. motor & trans, 3.73...
95 C2500 Suburban 6.5td HO w/p, timing set, HB & pulley, all rubber hoses, modded engine & main harness, converted to OBD2, PMD to bumper...
95 C1500 Suburban 6.5td rebuild tranny, convert to DB2, replacing as many parts as I can.
96 C2500 Suburban 7.4L converting to 6.5td w/ DB2, 4L80, 3.73
Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-05-2019, 11:43 AM   #3 (permalink)
Goose57
Formerly Cardinale
Block Heater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glagulator View Post
Un-plug the IAT sensor, on top of the intake hat with yellow and black wires, clear the codes and drive it some. Check codes. Did tranny stop acting up?
Thanks Glagulator, seems 47 went away after replacing problem ops and old LP.
Though I’d give Lucas trans additive a whirl and wow it worked trans shifting fine
But for how long? JMNet and JNLperformance are tiring to help with dtc78 on the other site. Thanks again.
GOOSE 1995 k3500 6.5 TD Dully.OPS hose upgrade (Leroy,s). TM upgrade. New complete AC system. K&N open air filter. Diamond 4” turbo back exhaust. 2.5” crossover.New AC delco GP,s. 2/0 upgraded battery cables. Relocated PMD kit(front bumper) from Leroy,s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-20-2019, 12:52 PM   #4 (permalink)
Goose57
Formerly Cardinale
Block Heater

TCC PWM duty cycle readings look funny

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goose57 View Post
Thanks Glagulator, seems 47 went away after replacing problem ops and old LP.
Though I’d give Lucas trans additive a whirl and wow it worked trans shifting fine
But for how long? JMNet and JNLperformance are tiring to help with dtc78 on the other site. Thanks again.
Just got done with upgrading to 4” exhaust from Leroy,s. Also new AC Delco GP,s. Trans seems to still be shift fine after putting in some Lucas additive(fingers crossed). Hooked up a Scan basic w/laptop. PWM duty cycle consistently run at 0 to 6.2% except when backing off gas then it reads 73%for a second then goes back to 6.2%. I though I read on here that it should be between 20% and 80%. Not an expert. Other readings: Force Mtbr (PCS) duty cyc.42-48% at cruise.28% at acceleration. Force Mtbr. reference Amps .84 up to 28 on acceleration. APP looks normal again no expert. New PWM solenoid? Can the trans act ok with those PWM readings?
Old Yesterday, 07:10 PM   #5 (permalink)
Goose57
Formerly Cardinale
Block Heater

Funny looking TCC PWM duty cycle readings

Just got done with upgrading to 4” exhaust from Leroy,s. Also new AC Delco GP,s. Trans seems to still be shift fine after putting in some Lucas additive(fingers crossed). Hooked up a Scan basic w/laptop. PWM duty cycle consistently run at 0 to 6.2% except when backing off gas then it reads 73%for a second then goes back to 6.2%. I though I read on here that it should be between 20% and 80%. Not an expert. Other readings: Force Mtbr (PCS) duty cyc.42-48% at cruise.28% at acceleration. Force Mtbr. reference Amps .84 up to 28 on acceleration. APP looks normal again no expert. New PWM solenoid? Can the trans act ok with those PWM readings?
.[/QUOTE]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glagulator View Post
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

PLEASE READ! You must check your email inbox for the confirmation link to complete registration. Please check your spam box if you do not see the email in your inbox.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in