Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums (https://www.dieselplace.com/forum/)
-   4L80/85E Transmissions. 6L90 Transmission (https://www.dieselplace.com/forum/57-gm-transmissions/134-4l80-85e-transmissions-6l90-transmission/)
-   -   problem with a just installed 700r4 (https://www.dieselplace.com/forum/57-gm-transmissions/134-4l80-85e-transmissions-6l90-transmission/92666-problem-just-installed-700r4.html)

J.Peart 07-26-2006 11:17 PM

problem with a just installed 700r4

so a while back the 700r4 in my 6.2 blazer went. so i sent it down to my cousin to rebuild it and beef it up, and this guys knows his stuff so i knew i get a good tranny, he pretty much replaced everything (case included its almost brand new everything). the thing is now just bout as strong as it can get, great... except after i put it in and finish the work i was doing on the engine i run into a hitch... fire up the engine there is a slight whine, and when i put it into gear it whirs loud enough it can be heard clearly with the engine idling, kinda like bearing noise. i pulled the dust cover back off and there doest seem to be anything that could be rubbing, and i severely doubt anything is wrong with the tranny. any thoughts? i really dont wanna have to pull everything apart again...its rather depressing:( , i would much rather find out im an idiot and missed something stupid and simple. *prays for an easy fix*:help:

thanks

ChampionTransmission 07-28-2006 09:51 AM

What are you running for a converter>??? Might be the converter or the pump. My guess is converter but then again, I haven't heard the noise.......

J.Peart 07-28-2006 02:04 PM

hmm, well i dont know the torque converters exact model but it was made by a company out of langley BC and its their heavy duty model, my cousin does trannies for a living and hes never had a prob with these, but from where the sound seems to originate i kinda think ur right..the pump i have no idea, but the sound does not seem to be coming from in the tranny itself, if i cant sort it out tonite im gonna pick up a floor model tranny jack and pull the tranny and transcase again...

4DR4X4 07-30-2006 07:44 AM

did you get the torque converter in good, might've cracked the pump installing it, i've seen that happen.

dieselherb 07-31-2006 10:34 AM

If you can get a pressure gauge to check line pressure of the pump, that tell you if its the pump or converter.

J.Peart 07-31-2006 12:02 PM

thanks for your input, i ended up pulling the tranny again and upon closer inspection it was the torque. defective unit, but its being replaced. should be up and running some time this week :ro)

High Sierra 2500 08-02-2006 10:08 AM

You are lucky... Last time that happened to me, the guy at the junkyard had cracked the pump moving the tranny around... And then sold it to me as a good trans... I found out AFTER I put it in (and being very careful not to damage the pump when I installed the tranny) that it was damaged... :mad: