Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums - View Single Post - (hotshotting) best mods for rigs used to tow?
View Single Post
Old 09-01-2013, 06:16 PM   #8 (permalink)
chevykid
Diesel Newbie

just a update, thanks for all your feedback, fuel economy is my main goal, using gas buddy as an application, and even more helpful is on the actual website they have a trip calculator feature, which can help you plan out your route in terms of fueling, and it allows you to input the fuel economics of your truck, and based on mileage per tank it picks out fueling locations. This site was very helpful, i did this cross country trip 2 times, and on my second cross country trip i was able to greatly reduce the amount of money i spent on fuel. I am wondering is a cold air intake, exhaust, really going to increase fuel economy...? How bout a tuner? I mainly try to really accelerate slowly, try to keep the rpm's down under 2k...? I know my driving habits can greatly have an impact on the fuel mileage. While i have not had time to sit down and actually do a avg mpg based on receipts, the DIC truck life avg shows 11.7mpg, and basically after the 500 break in, this thing has had all of its 13k+miles hwy/towing, in its short 1 month life on the road.
- 1972 Chevrolet Chevelle SS454 (468ci : 450hp/500lb/ft)
- 1967 Chevrolet El Camino Custom 396 clone with 402 from a 72 heavy chevy (412ci: 400hp/450lb.ft)
Offline   Reply With Quote