Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums - View Single Post - (hotshotting) best mods for rigs used to tow?
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2013, 12:43 AM   #7 (permalink)
chevykid
Diesel Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiredFarmer View Post
For me potty stops were more frequent than fuel stops. I always plan out my routes, so I have and idea when and where I'll be stopping. Make sure you get a good breakfast in some snacks and drinks for rest of the day, and a sit down meal in the evening. This also helped the wife have an idea where and when I would be. Solo driving, no help or teammate any cases.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
ya i already combat that issue with gatorade bottles... i been doing that for years. we normally drive everywhere we shoot when it comes to commercials or media, and we have been under some pretty tight deadlines, even while shooting, theres alot of situations where we shoot all day, then travel couple hundred miles to a hotel to sleep for 4 hours if ur lucky and then up and shooting before sunrise.
I was able to do roughtly 700 miles going to the philly from l.a., and did 800 a day on my way from philly to monterey, ca. Fuel consumption is/was my main concern however deadlines were of the esence as well so im sure i burned more fuel than i should have, but the money is good so its ok this time. I am trying to correct my mistakes best i can for the drive back to drop off the car.
- 1972 Chevrolet Chevelle SS454 (468ci : 450hp/500lb/ft)
- 1967 Chevrolet El Camino Custom 396 clone with 402 from a 72 heavy chevy (412ci: 400hp/450lb.ft)
Offline   Reply With Quote