FOR SALE: 2006 CCSB 2500HD SAS'd w/compounds - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > Market Place > Market Place > Closed / Archived Marketplace Ads
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Advertise

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-23-2015, 08:56 AM   #1 (permalink)
HotRodTractor
Diesel Fanatic

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Buckeye Oil Burners Member

2006 CCSB 2500HD SAS'd w/compounds

I purchased this truck new and have driven and modified it myself over several years. In 2012 I stripped it down to a bare frame and installed a 2006 Ford front axle with 4 links and coil overs up front. I installed Deaver lift springs, long travel air bags, and a hybrid Dodge/GM AAM 11.5 rear axle. I installed a modified Ford NP273 transfer case - (push button 4x4 still works! - I am however still working on making the Ford hubs work.). I installed hydro-assist steering. Air locker up front, 4.10 gears, 37x13.50 tires on 2 piece 20x12 rims.

I installed compound turbos on the truck in 2007 - when I was doing the suspension upgrades I chose to upgrade under the hood as well. It is now sporting an S480 atmosphere charger with an Danville 72mm VGT high pressure charger. It has several upgraded support components, head studs, valve springs, etc.... I installed 60% over Exergy injector, 10mm stroker CP3 pump, Fuel Lab lift pump, etc....

The truck has on board air for the air bags, and a set of air horns.

The truck has a Kenwood Excelon DNX890HD head unit with JL HD900/5 amp, Single 10W3 Sub, C3-525 and C3-650 component speakers for a nice well rounded sound system.

The truck rides awesome, still tows trailer (gooseneck too!) - in fact I drove it with the 36' gooseneck attached from central Ohio to Colorado to Texas and back home.

I currently have the truck apart installing a refreshed transmission.

It is currently tuned to a very mild 630rwhp @1900ms of fuel by Mark at Danville Performance.

I built this truck to be used - its nice, but its not perfect. There are some dents on the bed rails, the front SS bumper cover needs painted, the paint is scratched on the rear driver's side bedside.

If you want a work horse that can traverse off road, look good, and have plenty of ponies under the hood... this is it. I'm selling because I have renewed interest in what made me a gear head to begin with.... old iron, so this baby has to go so I can start planning an "older" work toy.

I'm sure I missed details and I know I didn't list every single part installed so take a look at the following links and feel free to ask me questions.

My official build thread (some pictures are missing from the thread, but they can be located in the second link).
The Official PSA Duramax gets Built Ford Tough! - PowerStrokeArmy
SAS Duramax Project by hotrodtractor | Photobucket

Located in 43009. $42.5K

Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement