Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums - View Single Post - The Official Red Dye / Offroad Diesel FAQ
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2011, 11:44 PM   #41 (permalink)
turnpike
Diesel Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogstroker View Post
Just checked one of my card lock bills and the difference is 11.5C per liter. The road tax on clear is 14.3 C, but the base on dyed is a bit higher.
I have found it not worth the risk, have been dipped once with no problem. A friend was dipped up north and the sample was send for lab check, it came back with trace amounts of the dye tracer. He was fined and checked with his supplier. ( truck was never filled with dyed diesel!?) They filled his dyed tank was first and the clear next without cleaning the fill hose on the truck. That was enough to fail the test. His supplier paid the fine and explained the issue to the enforcement branch. He avoided a full audit (can go back 7 years as by tax law). This is why I only use card lock as it provides for easy and reliable records incase one does get an audit.
Does that suggest you could win a fuel tax case, if you have journaled every fill, dealer & location? Maybe be helpful.

'16 Chev 2500HD LTZ Z71, CC, Duramax, Allsion, 4wd, new Sept 2016, has factory fifth wheel prep so added a Curt hitch.

Traded off-'05 Chev, 2500HD, CC, SB, Duramax, Allison, 4WD, bought new April '05, sold at 179,400 miles, LBZ mouthpeice, Blocker Plate & Unplugged EGR, Air Box cut out, lost the cat, 52 US Gal (196 Litre) Titan Fuel Tank, SuperChips tuner reset to stock and retained, AirLift air bags, BrakeSmart Trailer Brake controller, PaceEdwards cover-replaced 2013, DSP Fifth Hitch, JVC KW-NT1 headunit, kept the"AutoEnginuity" scanner.

'02 GMC, 2500HD, CC, SB, D/A, 4wd, Traded in - wrong color
Offline   Reply With Quote