Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums - View Single Post - The Official Red Dye / Offroad Diesel FAQ
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2011, 12:30 PM   #5 (permalink)
4320Diesel
Resident Pinhead

ive been told by a few farmers around here and a few other people but ive never really looked into it, but, from what ive been told is farmers in sask with Farm registered plates ( big red F sticker on the ower left corner of the plate that comes with making my trucks insurance go from 350 bucks a year to 120 a year ) can run dyed diesel with no hassle on road in those trucks. i dont know if this is true, but im going to be honest and say ive been running dyed in both of my diesel pickups ever since i first got a diesel pickup. and in sask, noones ever heard of tank dipping since back in the days of purple and amber gasoline (same concept as dyed diesel, the purple gas was for trucks and off road stuff and was a bunch cheaper than amber gas which was manditory to be used in cars, and the cops had dip checks stationed EVERYWHERE back then).
1985 GMC (The Brown Streak) Sierra Classic 1500 4WD With 6.2L V8 Diesel and 4speed NP833 trans with hurst shifter! , 4911 6.5 ip with 6.5 shortie injectors GM-3 turbo. Single plane J code intake from Turbonator (thanks guys!). 3" exhaust and 3" BBQ black stacks! Isspro Pyrometer, Trisco Boost and Engine Oil Temp Gauges.
1998 Dodge Ram 2500 Sport club cab short box 4WD 5 speed 12 Valve cummins. Brentbilt fuel plate. 300 horse motorhome injectors, boost elbow, timing bumped to 18* autometer boost and pyro, 500 horse valair clutch waiting to go in!
Quote:
Originally Posted by diaric View Post
your wrong brent, i'll think of a reason later

Quote:
Originally Posted by diaric View Post
brent can't do that, it would look factory, lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trios View Post
Brent is right.
Was there any ever doubt?
Offline   Reply With Quote