What tools do you keep in your truck? - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > Other Topics > The MacGyver Place
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Advertise

The MacGyver Place A forum for discussing DIY solutions for your truck and/or your equipment. Share your tips, your ideas, and your solutions... or ask for help from others

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-04-2020, 11:38 AM   #1 (permalink)
Randy_the_Hack
Administrator
Mister, your truck's smoking...

iTrader Score: 1 reviews

DieselPlace.com Lifetime Premium Member

What tools do you keep in your truck?

OK guys, true confessions... I'm a tool hoarder. I have knives out the wazoo, I have multiple * multiple tools, and I could probably lighten my truck by at least 500 lbs if I'd clear out all the stuff from underneath my back seat. I keep a Leatherman Wave in very close reach in the cubby underneath my radio, I keep a couple more small knives inside my console, I keep a full complement of sockets/ratchets, along with Allen wrenches, pipe wrenches, pliers, screwdrivers, and my trusty ice pick, a couple of tape measures, some pry-bars, heavy ratchet straps, a set of padlocks and hardened cables, fire extinguisher, tire pressure gauges, and a few other odd/crazy things like window cleaners, spare fuel filter, spare Allison spin-on filter, a big 'ole flashlight, and some cleaning rags and a roll of throw-away shop towels. I also have extra hitch inserts with smaller and larger balls, as well as the ball hitch for the gooseneck hitch in my bed. No truck would be complete without at least a half dozen ratchet straps too...

What am I missing, or what do you all carry that's odd/crazy/essential?

'04.5 Silverado 2500 HD LLY/Suncoast Allison Dark Spiral Gray Metallic, EC/LB LT 4x4, leather, Nerf bars, Edge Racing Evolution CTS, AC Delco stock filter w/TxC CAI, ProFab Performance intake tube, LBZ Kodiak turbo mouthpiece (see Rick's flow bench test results here), Diamond Eye Turbo Downpipe, EGR blocked (fingerless), PCV rerouted, Silverline 4" 409SS, All Headlights mod , HIR lows and highs w/SilverStar fogs, OnStar, Du-Ha USS, ARMA spray liner, DrawTite Activator II, VentShades, Lund Genesis Tri-Fold Tonneau Cover, Pop-n-Lock tailgate lock, Bilstein 5100's, Merchant Automotive tie rod sleeves, Fleece Performance TapShifter, Michelin LTX M/S2 245/75 R16

"Suppose I were a congressman. And suppose I were an idiot. But I repeat myself..." - Mark Twain
"Life is hard. Life is harder if you're stupid." - John Wayne
"Cum catapultae proscriptae erunt tum soli proscripti catapultas habebunt." - Anonymous

Last edited by Randy_the_Hack; 02-04-2020 at 11:44 AM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2020, 04:41 PM   #2 (permalink)
davester
Diesel Prodigy

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Well, I need to carry a couple of quarts of PS fluid in the winter, as one of my PS hoses is possessed and will pop off it's fitting when it's really cold out... And I carry some extra engine oil just in case I need to add some. And a bottle jack instead of the oem thing. The code reader in my Edge Insight CTS is also helpful sometimes.

Whee! Dually Club Member #1109
Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2020, 03:15 PM   #3 (permalink)
Captain-A
Diesel Head

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Armed Forces Club Member

I keep a 3 ton floor jack, assorted hand tools, torque wrench, plenty of knives, nitrogen tank for work and tire pressure, spare fan belt idle pulleys and tension pulleys, diesel additive, power steering fluid, brake fluid and there is more i am forgetting. winter blankets under back seat, just in case.
2005 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Dmax SOLD , Banks CAI with super scoop, Just put on 06 extending mirrors, PPE Hot+2, SC V trans. boost stick, 60 gal. tolbox RDS combo. Undercover tonnuea cover. Reese tow beast hitch.A few other goodies. 02 Sloan Kwickload car trailer SOLD, 97 Pace enclosed 30' SOLD, 36ft appalation 2 car trailer. 2007 Pace 24' set for Race cars. 06 Hodges Custom 20' open car trailer. 2009 chevy 3500hd crew cab dually. dually club member #1115
Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

PLEASE READ! You must check your email inbox for the confirmation link to complete registration. Please check your spam box if you do not see the email in your inbox.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in