Diesel Place banner

Tool kit inside the truck

Question: 
2K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  LBZjunkie 
#1 ·
#2 ·
I have 140ish craftsmen that you could tear the truck apart with for the most part. It is lacking in wrench sizes though so I have a few loose ones I added. A cheater pipe too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

#3 ·
That looks like it'll do most stuff on your truck. You probably should also get a more complete set of Metric hand wrenches. Good 3/8 and 1/2 torque wrenches are also.

Various bits that use loctite and/or are torqued more, like the brake caliper bracket bolts and the pitman arm nut, you'll probably want to get impact sockets for.

#5 · (Edited)
Sadly, never had a Kobalt tool worth a damn. Very cheap. All the plastic handles (cover) come off, hinges break. That's too bad as they often have great deals.

I've had good luck with some Husky and Crescent kits when talking cheap brands. I quit buying Craftsman for the most part because Sears stores have become an endangered species.

I carry a Husky or Crescent kit and some loose tools in the truck just in case. Sizes appropriate for whatever I "fixed" recently so I'll be ready to do it right the next time. lol

#6 ·
I have a mix brand of tools for my truck. 100+ count. I keep them all in a tool bag.

#7 ·
Your not going to like it but the horrible freight 301 piece tool kit can't be beat for price and selection(of tools). I know it isn't a snap-on kit, but for the money its great. 6 point sockets so you don't round off the fasteners that are stubborn. The wrench selection sucks, but its got everything else you could need. Plus, being as its in my truck, all my expensive tools can stay in the garage and not get stolen(as easy).

#8 ·
x2 on the HF 301 piece. If you watch for a sale you can get them for $150 and change. I'm on my 3rd kit, we plant them like weeds on the farm...
You will need to get a decent set of end wrenches to go with it.

#10 ·
#11 ·
I'm not sure if it's the same as ours, but ours didn't come with a 9/16" wrench, not happy when I realized that!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.