General 4 seater - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > Other Topics > Off The Beaten Path
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Advertise

Off The Beaten Path A forum dedicated to weekend trail warriors, swamp divers, mud eaters ATV's and rock crawlers.

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By RINGNEKS

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-01-2017, 09:06 PM   #1 (permalink)
RINGNEKS
Diesel Apprentice

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

General 4 seater

Anyone have the new general 4 yet and are will to give their opinions on it? I'm leaning heavily towards this utv, but I'm for sure waiting till spring in hopes they might offer more than one color. Thanks

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2017, 03:44 PM   #2 (permalink)
Cowracer
Diesel Guru

No Signature Member

I have the 2-door General Deluxe. It is a fantastic vehicle all around. Easily walks away from a Maverick 1000 and runs just a step behind a RZR1000XP in straight acceleration contests. I find its ride cloud-like and very plush. Handling is pretty good, with maybe a bit of 'twitchiness' when drifting around gravel road corners. The short wheelbase is surely the reason.

It's off road abilities are pretty awesome. The 4wd system works great, and now they offer Turf Mode, it won't tear up you yard (or you tires if you run a lot on pavement)

Any dislikes? Yeah... two to be exact. The power steering in both my buddies ranger 900 and his sons RZR 1000XP seem to be "stronger" than my Generals. I would much rather have more power steering boost. The other dislike is that the right side of the lower dashboard (where the ignition key is) has an angle (downward, towards the right) that my knee hits all the time. I am 6'4" and even with the seat all the way back, my knee is constantly hitting that angle. It's a stupid, useless "styling cue" that unnecessarily limits leg-room for taller people. Left knee has no such issue. You can see that angle in this picture (under the key).

If I could figure out a way to cut it off straight across and make it look factory, I'd do it with a quickness... Other than that one minor quibble, I find the interior stylish, comfortable and well thought out.

My understanding is that the 4 seater has excellent room in the back, but the smallish doors make getting in and out a bit of a challenge. I have not sat in one myself yet, that is just what I hear on the General Forum.

I'd give up hope on other color choices. Unlike the Rangers and the RZRs, Polaris has decided that each model in the General line gets one color. The Base model is Red. The Mid-Range is White (was blue in 2016) , the Deluxe is Titanium (was orange). The 4 is Silver, the Hunter Edition is Camo, and the new Ride Command edition is Titanium Matte/Lime green.

Tim

Galatians 4:16

Last edited by Cowracer; 01-04-2017 at 03:51 PM.
Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2017, 08:46 PM   #3 (permalink)
RINGNEKS
Diesel Apprentice

Thanks for the reply, very helpful. They only offer one general 4, meaning there is no base model etc., so I'm hoping they will offer the different models in the 4 seater in the spring. My wife likes that color but Me not so much, we will see I guess. Thanks again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-05-2017, 10:27 AM   #4 (permalink)
Cowracer
Diesel Guru

No Signature Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RINGNEKS View Post
Thanks for the reply, very helpful. They only offer one general 4, meaning there is no base model etc., so I'm hoping they will offer the different models in the 4 seater in the spring. My wife likes that color but Me not so much, we will see I guess. Thanks again.
The 4 IS a model. LOL. There are a couple guys that started offering wraps for the General. Some are gaudy as hell and fairly ridiculous, but I've seen one that was a nice deep metallic blue that looked good. Here's a pic of a red base model about halfway thru getting changed to blue.

Tim
Galatians 4:16

Last edited by Cowracer; 01-05-2017 at 10:28 AM.
Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-01-2018, 03:16 PM   #5 (permalink)
RINGNEKS
Diesel Apprentice

Finally pulled the trigger.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (81.1 KB, 1 views)
Old 06-30-2018, 12:41 PM   #6 (permalink)
sfcjones
Diesel Legend

iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Georgia Diesel Owners Club Member

Armed Forces Club Member

Should have checked out the Kawasaki UTV, IFS and IRS with a top speed of 45 mph. That is going to replace my Kawasaki mule within a couple of years.

https://www.kawasaki.com/Products/20...CHEDITIONIMAGE
2007 Chevy Tahoe with Ranch Hand 240k Miles
2010 Chevy Suburban LTZ 75th Diamond Edition, 106k Miles
Member #67 A(ACLU) Agent Sgt. Slaughter
DP Jug Holder #3
US Army Veteran 25 Years of Service
You haven’t lived ‘til you’ve almost died. For those who have fought for it, life has a flavor the protected will never know.(MACV-SOG)
'A man will reveal his character through his actions, not his skin color.'
Romans 10:13 For Whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be Saved.
NRA Patriot Life Benefactor Member

Last edited by sfcjones; 06-30-2018 at 12:45 PM.
Online   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-10-2020, 09:09 PM   #7 (permalink)
RINGNEKS
Diesel Apprentice

If you have a general I would highly recommend the extended flare by Polaris, at $200 bucks they are worth it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

PLEASE READ! You must check your email inbox for the confirmation link to complete registration. Please check your spam box if you do not see the email in your inbox.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in