Crooked service departments at dealers - Page 2 - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > Other Topics > Off Topic
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Advertise

Off Topic Everything else..........

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree63Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-27-2017, 03:26 PM   #11 (permalink)
boneheaddoctor
Diesel Champ

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Old School Oil Burners (Old SOBs) Member

DelMarVa Diesel Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mp06011999 View Post
Thanks. I just wasn't clear from the first post. Odd indeed. So someone at the shop lost your locking (keyed) lug nuts and then some. And then lies about it. Awesome.

Good luck with it. Eventually you'll get justice. Just takes fortitude. Sounds like you got that.

Hard to believe they'd continue this dispute too given the relatively low cost to buy you a new set of hardware. Pep Boys spent over $500 to replace my 4 wheels. But I had 'em dead to rights. When I started emailing corporate on every conversation I had with the store managers, they suddenly got all "helpful". Neither manager's job at this store survived the battle
I agree, since I walked in to get an Emissions recall done on this car saw and liked a BMW on the lot I liked ( and it was pristine)....did due diligence with the BMW dealer to find all it was serviced since new by BMW, and walked in, negotiated a price the next day and paid cash for it. And some nitwit is going to act all high and mighty in the Service desk...who probably makes a 1/3 what I make, and has 5% of the experience working on cars I have. Isn't a young punk either...guy appears at to be at least in his latter 40's and should know better.

Sure you know the type I am talking about..full of himself and talks down to others like they aren't capable of understanding all the awesum mechanical expertise he got playing desk jockey in a service dept.

Going to find out if the General Manager of the Dealership is there this afternoon, and try to get owner contact info...I'm certain they will be pleased this sort of thing is going on and what its going to cost them.

Because I WILL take any and all future business elsewhere.....PARTICULARLY sales. Life long GM guy, Father retired from GM...(Millwright in a BOC stamping plant). I'll buy elsewhere unless they REALLY work to make up for this to me.

Yesterday I'd have been happy with a sorry this happened, we'll order and replace these for you when they come in.

After two days of this asshole blaming ME for it...its going to take a LOT more than that.

2017 BMW 328D Sport Wagon
2012 BMW 335i 3.0 Turbo, tuned to 380 rwhp
1989 Civic - Built B16A1
1987 GMC Sierra 2500 6.2 turbodiesel
1979 Mercedes 300SD Turbodiesel
1975 Harley-Davidson Ironhead chopper

Last edited by boneheaddoctor; 12-27-2017 at 03:35 PM.
Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-27-2017, 04:00 PM   #12 (permalink)
mp06011999
Diesel Mythbuster

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneheaddoctor View Post
I agree, since I walked in to get an Emissions recall done on this car saw and liked a BMW on the lot I liked ( and it was pristine)....did due diligence with the BMW dealer to find all it was serviced since new by BMW, and walked in, negotiated a price the next day and paid cash for it. And some nitwit is going to act all high and mighty in the Service desk...who probably makes a 1/3 what I make, and has 5% of the experience working on cars I have. Isn't a young punk either...guy appears at to be at least in his latter 40's and should know better.

Sure you know the type I am talking about..full of himself and talks down to others like they aren't capable of understanding all the awesum mechanical expertise he got playing desk jockey in a service dept.

Going to find out if the General Manager of the Dealership is there this afternoon, and try to get owner contact info...I'm certain they will be pleased this sort of thing is going on and what its going to cost them.

Because I WILL take any and all future business elsewhere.....PARTICULARLY sales. Life long GM guy, Father retired from GM...(Millwright in a BOC stamping plant). I'll buy elsewhere unless they REALLY work to make up for this to me.

Yesterday I'd have been happy with a sorry this happened, we'll order and replace these for you when they come in.

After two days of this asshole blaming ME for it...its going to take a LOT more than that.
You may wanna check the torque on those nuts as well. I always do and usually have at least one not to torque. Given what they did.... who knows.

Obama Spied, FBI Lied But Trump Impeached

Democrats: abolish ICE... free health care for illegals... make it easy for illegals who cross to stay... give illegals the right to vote... adamantly oppose building a secure border... create "sanctuary cities"... grant illegals in the country amnesty... welfare for illegals... tip off illegals about ICE raids.
And we're supposed to believe that Democrats aren't for open borders simply because they say so?

Online   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-27-2017, 06:06 PM   #13 (permalink)
boneheaddoctor
Diesel Champ

Yeah...General Manager wasn't in because of the Holiday was taking some time off, but the Sales Manager who was there is contacting them to get a hold of me. They "Get" what is now at stake, unlike the Service writer who probibly thinks he knows more than enough to run the ENTIRE dealership. Probably the oldest snowflake I've come across yet. Bypassing the management in the Service group because who knows who has a bromance (trying to keep it clean) with whom over there.

Honestly doubt I can trust them because there will only be one or two mechanics trained to work on that generation diesel Cruze.. Think only 5,794 diesel First Generation models were sold in the USA. Total. Odds are if I took it there again, the same thief will be who works on it.

1989 Civic - Built B16A1

Last edited by boneheaddoctor; 12-27-2017 at 06:12 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-27-2017, 08:17 PM   #14 (permalink)
DieselPro
Diesel Guru

Sales manager should bite the bullet and get you fixed up. Lots of lost sales could result.

Once installed a battery in an elderly lady's car. Battery fit under the wheel well. 4 months later her car wouldn't start. Battery had been changed out. Asked her where she had taken it. She had the dealer do some service work on it. Some a-hole swapped it out with an old oem battery at the dealership. We made it good and kept a good customer.
Old 12-27-2017, 08:52 PM   #15 (permalink)
boneheaddoctor
Diesel Champ

I'm pretty sure they will end up replacing the stolen parts before its over...one problem now is what are they going to do to compensate me for two days of condescending Bullshit, that service writer subjected me to, and the two days so far of refusing to make good on what they did. BEFORE his crap...making good with the stolen parts would have been enough, and I could have forgave and forgot...now I don't feel I can trust leaving my car there out of my site even as I wait, wondering what other parts might be swapped out. Some bits are VERY expensive. Diesel Particulate filter for one. Might take YEARS before you have a problem. Not trying to milk this for all its worth...but the more uncalled for bullshit you give a loyal customer , the steeper that price becomes to set it right. As easy as I've driven this car, and how quick these tires have worn the last year when I've actually driven it less than the first two......I'm wondering if more than lugs and locks were swapped....I just don't have any evidence to back that up....no curb rash that wasn't there. or something that was and doesn't seem to be now. Other than I've seemed to have had far more wear the last year than I had the first two combined. Enough cause to wonder....not enough evidence to do more than wonder. Every Diesel Cruze had the same rims....and the same tires. Since these are still the OEM ones. But like I said...unlike the lugs and locks...which are obvious....this is only a gut hunch....

Trust is easily lost.....but very, very hard to earn back.

Hell, what if the guilty party gets only written up....and holds a grudge, not many of these around, and he'll clearly remember me and likely do something to sabotage the car....like injecting crap into a cv joint...or into the transmission oil to kill it early, put the wrong oil in it which WILL kill the emissions equipment long before its service life is reached...put non DEOX2 rated oil in this and it WILL do it. And try and prove they did it years down the road?

1989 Civic - Built B16A1

Last edited by boneheaddoctor; 12-27-2017 at 09:00 PM.
Old 12-27-2017, 08:53 PM   #16 (permalink)
TheBac
Bac To The Future

iTrader Score: 3 reviews

5x115

I found a lug loose on the right front wheel on my Cruze the other day. Retorqued all of them, lucky I didnt lose it.

"BBT" -- 2003 GMC 2500HD CC/SB 4x4 - 12.14 @ 111.15
"Kleshay" -- 2000 C5 Corvette -- the toy
"The Cruzer" -- 2014 Chevy Cruze Diesel -- the DD

Marlene (Molly) Bacon -- 1936 - 2019 -- RIP Mom
You're missed both at home and on the piano

Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get.
Reality is a matter of perspective.

Last edited by TheBac; 12-27-2017 at 08:54 PM.
Old 12-27-2017, 09:08 PM   #17 (permalink)
boneheaddoctor
Diesel Champ

Some places say 5X115, others say 5x114.3 ( I never measured it myself) a few other GM's share that pattern but on a Cruze its unique. ALL the gasoline Cruzes have a 5X105 pattern, and smaller brakes being the Diesel is heavier.

It was actually a huge improvement on creature comforts over the infamous early 80's Mercedes Benz Diesels. But it really REALLY shows its economy car roots compared to my BMW. I sold a 1983 300D Turbo-diesel (put over 100k on it after I bought it the last 10 years), and my 1971 280se Mercedes to make room for the BMW. (ran out of driveway space). Did find out what a set of Adaptive headlights cost last night surfing eBay. I about choked. $4,298, for a new pair (what mine has) . Cruze is way more owner friendly in repair costs (other than an emissions recall, nothing has broken yet, My sunroof wasn't the one that needed replaced.)...I average 47 mpg highway..but my best 25 mile average so far has been 62.9 mpg,

If you want some more get up and go and a smoother shifting Transmission..Look into the Trifecta Tune. Doesn't cure the horrible tubo lag from a stop this has, but much better once its rolling. I'm not on that OTHER site for these.....its run by a bunch of children.

1989 Civic - Built B16A1

Last edited by boneheaddoctor; 12-27-2017 at 09:30 PM.
Old 12-28-2017, 07:35 AM   #18 (permalink)
TheBac
Bac To The Future

iTrader Score: 3 reviews

Yep, I know all that. Im not sure 114.3 is fully compatible with 115 or not, but its not worth it to me to try. Just going to find a set of Verano 18s and call it a day.
Did a lot of quiet research on the cars before I bought mine. It was either Oz or Trifecta. Have the Trifecta tune and cable sitting here waiting to be installed, just havent had the time to do it. Later, if I want to remove some things, I'll switch over to Oz.
The only issue I have with my little car is the way the trans goes into "neutral" when sitting at a stop....I hate that. It could be worse I guess....we could have auto-stop/start like the gassers do.

As for the "other site".... I did notice you got booted from there due to politics.

"BBT" -- 2003 GMC 2500HD CC/SB 4x4 - 12.14 @ 111.15
"Kleshay" -- 2000 C5 Corvette -- the toy
"The Cruzer" -- 2014 Chevy Cruze Diesel -- the DD

Marlene (Molly) Bacon -- 1936 - 2019 -- RIP Mom
You're missed both at home and on the piano

Success is getting what you want. Happiness is wanting what you get.
Reality is a matter of perspective.

Last edited by TheBac; 12-28-2017 at 07:41 AM.
Old 12-28-2017, 08:41 AM   #19 (permalink)
boneheaddoctor
Diesel Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBac View Post
Yep, I know all that. Im not sure 114.3 is fully compatible with 115 or not, but its not worth it to me to try. Just going to find a set of Verano 18s and call it a day.
Did a lot of quiet research on the cars before I bought mine. It was either Oz or Trifecta. Have the Trifecta tune and cable sitting here waiting to be installed, just havent had the time to do it. Later, if I want to remove some things, I'll switch over to Oz.
The only issue I have with my little car is the way the trans goes into "neutral" when sitting at a stop....I hate that. It could be worse I guess....we could have auto-stop/start like the gassers do.

As for the "other site".... I did notice you got booted from there due to politics.
I got Booted from there because OTHER people spewed politics..and the children (we cal them "snowflakes" now), there absolutely REFUSED to allow anyone to say ANYTHING that did not align with their hyper left wing beliefs because their fragile egos couldn't take reality. I was LESS political than they were, but if they are going to spew their opinions, they better be willing to listen to actual facts. Like I said, the Moderators at that site were a bunch of children that never matured beyond a Jr. High mentality. At least on this site ADULTS run it....and even if you might have differing opinions than they have...they do NOT act like a group of 8th grade girls in a clique like there.

You don't have the full story of what happened there.....and I still have all the PM's and emails to back up what I just said that they spewed OFF the forum.

I don't miss it..they really had very little to offer....there were a few good members there, and a whole lot of children. I could name names, and specify details...but this site isn't that site and they aren't deserving of recognition anyway.

1989 Civic - Built B16A1

Last edited by boneheaddoctor; 12-28-2017 at 08:47 AM.
Old 12-28-2017, 10:25 AM   #20 (permalink)
57diesel
Diesel Veteran

Just trying to make sure I got this straight....

When and what was the service where the nuts got changed?

Do you suppose maybe they damaged most of them tying to get them off without the key?

15 VW Golf wagon, TDI. Did the buyback on my 13 Jetta TDI wagon so it was basically a trade up.
96 Burb K25 3.42's SOLD at 340K miles, told it was all original, close race between engine wearing out or body completely rust out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

PLEASE READ! You must check your email inbox for the confirmation link to complete registration. Please check your spam box if you do not see the email in your inbox.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in