Hotshotting - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > Other Topics > Off Topic
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Advertise

Off Topic Everything else..........

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-28-2005, 03:24 PM   #1 (permalink)
coyotekid
Diesel Expert

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Hotshotting

I'm thinking about buying an enclosed cargo trailer for my lawn care business. The problem is that it will only get used about 4-5 months out of the year, which is making justifying its expense hard!

So, I've been thinking about getting a trailer big enough to do some auto-transporting the rest of the year. Of course I'd need to get all the proper insurance, etc. to be a legal beagle, but with all that aside, am I kidding myself?

Is there any money in it, and would there be any call for it? I'm just trying to get an idea if this is another one of my big pipe dreams or if it could be legit. Thanks!

Duraflap Mudflaps, Marathon Seat Covers, Tekonsha Prodigy, Turbo Timer, 3M Clear Film on Rockers, Line-X, Catch-All Extreme Floor Mats, 15% Tint, High Idle Mod, Racor Pre OEM Fuel Filter, Cloud-Rider Winter Front, Predator, Suncoast LVIII and TTS Triple-Lock by "Pimp Daddy" Mike L., PML Deep Pan, SD Manifold, Trippin Gauge Mount, DiPricol Pre-Turbo Pyro and Boost, Axxess Ipod Interface, Finger Stick and EGR Plate, Boost Stick, Revo 265's

Founding Member and CEO of the "I'm an Insecure Adult and Need to Belong in a Club" Club
Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-28-2005, 03:39 PM   #2 (permalink)
devil
Diesel Nut

Not sure if I have the answers you are looking for but I will throw this out.

Do you really want to haul a trailer that size though residential neighbor hoods. Most landscaping companys will haul a 7'x12' trailer to haul there equipment. Your season of 4-5 months seems short is that normal for your area. Just curious

6"RCD,33x13.50x20 IROKS,Chrome MKW wheels(BLING)
Predator,Edge/Attitude,Trippin overhead mount
5" exhaust no kitty, finger stick&plate

---MIKE---
Offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 06-28-2005, 03:43 PM   #3 (permalink)
coyotekid
Diesel Expert

Yeah, in Montana there is winter for about 9 months and road construction for the other 3! lol

In the places where I do business, a trailer this size won't be a problem. I'm currently using a 20' flatbed which isn't a problem at all.

Duraflap Mudflaps, Marathon Seat Covers, Tekonsha Prodigy, Turbo Timer, 3M Clear Film on Rockers, Line-X, Catch-All Extreme Floor Mats, 15% Tint, High Idle Mod, Racor Pre OEM Fuel Filter, Cloud-Rider Winter Front, Predator, Suncoast LVIII and TTS Triple-Lock by "Pimp Daddy" Mike L., PML Deep Pan, SD Manifold, Trippin Gauge Mount, DiPricol Pre-Turbo Pyro and Boost, Axxess Ipod Interface, Finger Stick and EGR Plate, Boost Stick, Revo 265's

Founding Member and CEO of the "I'm an Insecure Adult and Need to Belong in a Club" Club
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-28-2005, 04:12 PM   #4 (permalink)
ratlover

We use our landscape trailer for hauling 4 wheelers and icemelt and blowers ect for the side walk crews durring snow season Ever though about that? With having a customer base that you could easily expand on to year round matinence you should be golden.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread