Filing Chapter 11 bankruptcy to cost tax payers $200 Billion - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > Other Topics > Off Topic
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Advertise

Off Topic Everything else..........

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-15-2008, 10:57 AM   #1 (permalink)
oil

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Filing Chapter 11 bankruptcy to cost tax payers $200 Billion

That's the estimate to reorganize GM under Chapter 11. The process is so expensive, that a bailout would be cheaper. Problem is, a bailout won't make them better, like the pain of bankruptcy will. The assets will have to be listed and the debts paid off at a long drawn out court procedure, where the accountants, appraisers and lawyers make big bucks resolving the matter. GM says, in the mean time, no one would want a GM vehicle, so they probaby would end up in Chapter 7, which is disolution of the company and closing up forever. The lame Duck session of Congress will address the matter, W wants the bailout tied to a Columbian trade agreement he has been pushing, but democrates say no way. The stock is under $3 and if a deal is agreed to bail them out, it should bounce back, if only for a few hours as stocks these days respond to any good news.

Last edited by oil; 11-15-2008 at 10:58 AM.
Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2008, 02:38 PM   #2 (permalink)
carcrafter22
Diesel Champ

Send a message via Yahoo to carcrafter22

I could be wrong but I think one of the big 3 will file bankruptcy before this is all over.

Thanks to :
McRat Racing, ATS, Nitrous Express
Offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 11-15-2008, 04:21 PM   #3 (permalink)
cdeankr
Diesel Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by carcrafter22 View Post
I could be wrong but I think one of the big 3 will file bankruptcy before this is all over.
I agee. There will be one that files. I do not know why they let things get so bad before they started doing something.
Offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2008, 04:52 PM   #4 (permalink)
blksmok
Diesel Pro

iTrader Score: 2 reviews

They tried to do something about it (GM) and the unions walked out on them. Remember the strike not too recently. The unions have screwed them over for too long. The unions are supposedly working with them now, but it may be too little too late.

I had a friend who was GM union and he knew a guy who used to laugh about how he could do anything he wanted and he'd never be fired. He would always get his raises on time whether he did anything to deserve it or not because he was union. Wonder how he's going to enjoy his retirement he was counting on from a company that no longer exists because of people just like him and the unions that allowed it to happen. I guess GM even fired this guy a couple times, but the good ole union kept bringing him back.
Advertisement

Closed Thread