Putnam XDR hit's magnaflow exhaust - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > Other Topics > Off Topic
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Advertise

Off Topic Everything else..........

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-28-2008, 09:57 PM   #1 (permalink)
gixxergreg
Diesel Head

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Michigan Oil Burners Member

Putnam XDR hit's magnaflow exhaust

I tried posting this in the towing section, but not getting many hits... thought I'd try here

Got a brand new Putnam XDR hitch sitting here and no way to make it fit. I have dual exhaust (Magnaflow) and both back braces on the hitch hit my exhaust. There is not enough room to move my exhaust... and I would have to cut off both rearmost (frontmost?) mounts to make it fit.

Anyone have a problem like this before? What hitch do you use with which exhaust?

I live 45 minutes away from Putnam Hitches... I called them and they agreed that they should get together with other aftermarket companies to make sure everything works together better.
They build a hitch to work with stock exhaust and the exhaust people make an exhaust to work with the stock hitch.

I laughed and said I got the test mule for you to get the ball rolling. Unfortunately, they would not be able to look at it until winter.. maybe not even then.

I want this stock hitch off my truck before it bends or worse

Retired IAFF local 1929
Let's Roll!!
Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-28-2008, 10:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
ski
Diesel Pro

I have a Putman XDR but only with a 4" single Magnaflow and dont have any problems.

My problem is with the spare tire hitting the hitch frames. The tire is a 265 instead of the stock 245. I had to let some air out of the tire to fit it between the hitch frames.

Old 06-29-2008, 10:30 PM   #3 (permalink)
daletheman_3
Diesel Nut

XDR with a Flowmaster single 4" no problems....

Hope you get a fix without having to get rid of your duels....
04.5 LLY GMC 2500HD, Banks 6 gun, Volant intake, Flow-master 4" Cat-back, Auto-meter sport comp II pillar gauges (2), MB Predators with 265-75-16 Bridgestone AT Revos, Carriage works grill, Billet grill emblem, Weston sport bars, Jason Extreme shell, Bed slide, EZ down tailgate assist, Recon line of fire, Silverado tail lights, XDR hitch, B&W turnover ball, Eclipse 5510 head unit with nav, Lightning audio door speakers, Rockford Fosgate 10", Rockford Fosgate amp, Python remote start.

Why must I push 1 for english?

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

1-20-09... The fight to maintain freedom has begun...

Piss off a liberal, think for yourself and/or buy a gun...
Offline   Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread