Boot Camp - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > Other Topics > Off Topic
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Advertise

Off Topic Everything else..........

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2008, 12:05 AM   #1 (permalink)
red suburban

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Boot Camp

so i've got just under a month to go now until i start basic with the air force (march 18th) and wanted to get opinions on what to expect and what else i should do before i leave for 8 weeks of constantly getting my *** chewed. i've been running and working out for the past 4 months up here, altitude is a little over 6,200 ft here at the house and am in pretty good shape though still not as good as i was a few years ago. anything i should or should not bring? exercises i should do? i'm well within my weight range for my height so no worries there, nearly dead middle.

yep i can already hear some of yall cheering "thank god he's gonna be gone!!!" . dont party too much i'll be back to torture yall haha.

Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2008, 12:17 AM   #2 (permalink)
DieselPro
Diesel Guru

All you need to bring is you and some cut off jeans and a T shirt. Uncle Sam will provide the rest. Good Luck!

Offline   Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2008, 12:22 AM   #3 (permalink)
Bolyard
Diesel Nut

Send a message via Yahoo to Bolyard

Air Force Basic!?!?!?! Thats like a vactaion lol. Itll be no sweat, they'll give you everything youll need

Salade Associer
05 LLY SLT CC SB
K&N offroad intake, 5" Exhaust no kitty, Chrome H2s / Nitto Mud Grapplers 33x12.50s, McRat EFI Live, SC IV w/ 1057(currently sitting on top of a tool box in the barn until I can tear it back down to see what all I tore up inside) Stock back-up in right now, Shimmed Rail, Front Bumper Speced out 1", N-Fab Prerunner Front Bar, Lightforce Stryker 170 lights, All on Headlight Mod

01 CBR929RR, 97 TL1000S, 86 Porsche 951, 86 442, 89 Ford F-250 7.3L IDI, 79 Ford F-150 needs new engine, Kawasaki Mule 3010.

"Sapper's In The Breech" 3ID
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2008, 12:23 AM   #4 (permalink)
grizzified
Diesel Apprentice

You're going to be just fine at air force boot camp if you're height weight proportionate and can run a couple miles. I'm not saying it'll be mellow, but you'll be just fine. The instructors whole purpose is to take civilians and turn them into airmen, just follow instructions to a T and don't get hurt. They(the recruiters) should give you a list of what you can and cannot bring - I'd pay close attention to that, and be a minimalist. Less is more at boot camp IMO.
Thank you for your commitment to serve!
Old 02-19-2008, 07:04 AM   #5 (permalink)
radar1053

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolyard View Post
Air Force Basic!?!?!?! Thats like a vactaion lol. Itll be no sweat, they'll give you everything youll need
A person I know told his kid that the one thing he better not bring to basic is an "attitude" because they will definately change that.

They did!!

Good luck on your new adventure
Old 02-19-2008, 07:10 AM   #6 (permalink)
Buckeye 06DMax
Diesel Boss

Buckeye Oil Burners Member

Armed Forces Club Member

Good luck at Lackland...nice place. We deploy down there to work on the C-5's and it has really changed. I was there 30 years ago this October for basic, it was six weeks training then. I think it is alot easier now, they actually care about your health now! Still in the Reserves, but not for long!

06 K2500HD - LBZ LT3 EC/SB - Silver Birch Metallic
Diablosport Predator / 85HP - MBRP 4" Cat-Back & Cat Delete Pipe - Diamond Eye DP - ISSPRO Boost & Pyro Gages w/pillar - Weather Tech Liners - Line-X - Fumoto - Go Rhino Nerfs - Air Lift 5K Bags - Shocker 540 Train Horn Kit - Viair 400 Compressor - XD Diesels - Toyo M/T - 4-6" Cognito NTBD Kit!!!
Old 02-19-2008, 09:36 AM   #7 (permalink)
Beachcruiser
Diesel Head

Send a message via AIM to Beachcruiser

Lone Star Diesels Member

Good luck man. As buckeye stated, lackland is actually a nice base.
30% Window Tint
285s Pro Comp Xtreme All Terrains
Little audio system
20" LED Lightbar attached to a Frontier BrushGuard

"Boost is like a hot girl with a STD. You know you wanna hit it but you're scared of the results!!"
Old 02-19-2008, 10:40 AM   #8 (permalink)
SaguaroKid
Forum King

If I had it to do over again, I wouldn't go in July!!! You'll do fine!! First time I ever had lobster was in basic at Lackland...

" I'm not saying there should be a capital punishment for stupidity, but why don't we just take the safety labels off of everything and let the problem solve itself?" - Unknown

I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

2019 Chevy 3500 SRW CC Duramax/Alli LTZ. Stock.
Old 02-19-2008, 11:52 AM   #9 (permalink)
red suburban

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolyard View Post
hahahaha

they extended it a few months ago to get more combat training in. not worried about the training, the instructors gotta break you down to build you up. san antonio in the spring, good temps all day long (i grew up in houston playing football so heat/humidity i'm used to), gonna suck getting woken up before 5am everyday! that part is gonna kick my *** haha.

height and weight i'm good, according to the air force i'm 5'8" (all other doctors i'm 5'10") and weigh 163 pounds, weight range is 115-192 so thats no problem. i've been running a consistant 3.7 miles in 20 minutes, go lift some weights then run again. harder to breath at this altitude although there is no humidity here either.

question though, hows the food? anything else i should be worried about?
Old 02-19-2008, 11:58 AM   #10 (permalink)
irish yankee
Diesel Champ

its been a long time since i ran track but your times seem real good to me.

FPE Turbo (68mm)
FPE Turbobrake
FPE Tapshifter (sweet)

Airdog 150 (very quiet)
egr blocked

The turbo sounds sweet with muffler,bet it is way loud without muffler.

Thanks to Fleece Performance,the truck has been flawless. Nobody wants to play anymore
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread