Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums - View Single Post - Goodyear Duratrac Wear Update
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2010, 06:25 PM   #1 (permalink)
dtibbals
Diesel Apprentice

Goodyear Duratrac Wear Update

I haven't been on in a while and wanted to give everyone an update on my Duratrac's purchased this summer. For the record I have 265/75/16 on my truck. They are the AT version not the mud terrain.

I purchased them 12k miles ago and have rotated them 3 times in the 12k miles (purchased 04/09). I have done a lot of city driving, highway in high heat and winter snow conditions. About 2k miles towing a 30ft travel trailer with a weight of about 9500 lbs. I have also spent some good time in the mud with them as well as a lot of winter driving ie snow, slush and ice.

My impression of the tire to date is they are the best tires I have bought for any truck and especially for a HD pick up. They have been perfect in all conditions from dry pavement, mud, rain and snow. They where great to tow with as well.

I would say they are pretty quiet for a tire as aggressive as these. A little louder then the Bridgestone dueler at revos they replaced. But they seem to ride better and out perform the Bridgestone in every other way! I have run Dunlop, Michelin, BFG, Goodyear, Cooper, Bridgestone, Toyo, and a few others I can't think of right now and I have never been happier with any tires more then these. I have run AT's and a few mud tires and these are by far the best performers. I also get asked a lot who makes the tires, they look really good and very aggressive just like a Toyo but at a lower cost.

They are also made in the USA which is huge!

After the first 12k miles they are pretty much the same noise level, as best as I can tell they haven't changed since the first 1k miles. They ride great and have kept their balance perfect. In fact discount tire has kept checking them and hasn't had to adjust them at all. The ride is the same and traction is the same as when new.

So far the tread seems to be wearing very well. At this rate I would suspect 40-50k plus miles on a set. Most others I am lucky to hit 30k with so if I can hit the high 30k mark I will be thrilled! I don't expect them to last as long as a Michelin tire but I have a much better tire in respect to anything non highway.

If you have been thinking of getting a set I would highly recommend them!

David

2006 Chevy 2500HD Crew Cab 4x4 LT3 Summit White. Westin Black Nurf Bars, Chevy front and rear mud guards, GM hood deflector, Leer 100xq, American Outlaw Buckshot wheels 16", Goodyear Duratrac 265/75/16...More to come!

Last edited by dtibbals; 01-08-2010 at 06:27 PM.