Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums - View Single Post - clunk when making a sharp right turn
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2009, 07:48 PM   #1 (permalink)
IamDave0887
A Country Boy Can Survive...

clunk when making a sharp right turn

i know i know a mod posting in the wrong forum.

Anyways, not sure if this has been happening all along and it's just getting worse now, or it it started randomly.

two days ago i replaced my pad and rotors. pad's were the cheap NAPA's and they were cracked to hell and back after less than a year, and still had ~60% pad life left. Repacked the bearings as they were fine(gotta love timken's from the factory). New oil seals w/ new rotors as well.

Now whenever i make a sharp right turn(yank the wheel to the right) I get a clunk. I can feel the clunk in the floor area. I checked to make sure all the lug nuts were tight, and torqued them down to 135 ft lbs(charts call for 140).

also regreased the front end and inspected everything. truck's got a year old pitman arm on it. no other steering parts have been changed(at least not since i've owned it).

Any ideas?

Thanks

- Dave

'96 GMC C2500HD RCLB 6.5T/4L80E, Heath FSD,GL4,T/M, 5" stacks 201K miles AMS
OIL - Christine

'85 K-5 Blazer 379T Detroit Diesel, SM465/NP208 . body - 122K engine - ??? AMSOIL "The Rust Bucket" - Cora

Help The Staff!
See an inappropriate post, or spam? Please report it by clicking on the button!

Member #1 of the TLFTN Club - Loud And Proud.
BrotherHood of Handshakers #170
W/T Grille Club Member #2.

Reg Cab Club Member #73.
CT Smoke Member #20.
Steaksauce Hater club member #19

"People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people." - V

In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem, Government is the Problem. - Ronald Reagan

6.5 FAQs - Click Here
Diagnostic Checklist - Click Here
Create/Edit Signature -Click Here
If you wish to send me a PM about how pissed off you Are Click Here