LB7: No whistle with new turbo - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > Power, Performance & Tuning > Fuel System, Air, Exhaust, & Emissions Upgrades
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Advertise

Fuel System, Air, Exhaust, & Emissions Upgrades Discuss upgrades to the Duramax fuel system and air system. Bigger turbochargers, more turbo chargers, air boxes, exhaust systems, emissions systems, and fuel pumps all go here.

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By oldschoolbowtie

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2020, 06:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
tidbit089
Low Boost

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

No whistle with new turbo

I recently replaced my stock turbo with a reman stock turbo with a billet compressor wheel and an MBRP downpipe. I had pretty good turbo whistle or whine at about 10lbs of boost and up but after replacing I hear absolutely nothing. Truck is boosting to almost 30 with.big power tune. I can hear tons of compressed air running through turbo and power is good but also noticed on big tune it doesnt lay as much black smoke out of tailpipe. Why is there whistle anymore. I kind of liked it and after spending a ton of cash it's kind of disappointing

50 go dragonfly injectors
air dog II lift pump
s & b Intake and silverline 4" exhaust
boost fooler and turbo intake.horn mod

Last edited by OkDually; 03-11-2020 at 07:14 PM. Reason: prefix/sig
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-16-2020, 09:49 PM   #2 (permalink)
tidbit089
Low Boost

Disappointed with lack of response

I am disappointed that with all the experts on this forum and all the great advice I have gotten in the past that not 1 person could respond to my thread about having no turbo whistle after replacing 800 dollar turbo and had billet compressor wheel installed

Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2020, 04:29 PM   #3 (permalink)
sfcjones
Diesel Legend

iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Armed Forces Club-10075 Member

I wouldn't expect a whistle from a stock reman turbo. I don't care if it has the billet compressor or not. I am glad you are not pouring huge amounts of black smoke. That tells me the turbo is doing what it is suppose to do. Kinda crappy you complaining about no one responding to your thread. People do have other lives besides living on the forums. I chose not to answer the first time because of the bad mouth. Sorry it didn't work out for you. I would have directed the question to whom I bought the stuff from. They ought to know their products.
All is good here. I hope you get the answers you need. Sometimes no one has the "Right" answer.
2007 Chevy Tahoe with Ranch Hand 240k Miles
2010 Chevy Suburban LTZ 75th Diamond Edition, 106k Miles
Member #67 A(ACLU) Agent Sgt. Slaughter
DP Jug Holder #3
US Army Veteran 25 Years of Service
You haven’t lived ‘til you’ve almost died. For those who have fought for it, life has a flavor the protected will never know.(MACV-SOG)
'A man will reveal his character through his actions, not his skin color.'
Romans 10:13 For Whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be Saved.
NRA Patriot Life Benefactor Member
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-24-2020, 08:17 AM   #4 (permalink)
oldschoolbowtie
Diesel Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by tidbit089 View Post
I recently replaced my stock turbo with a reman stock turbo with a billet compressor wheel and an MBRP downpipe. I had pretty good turbo whistle or whine at about 10lbs of boost and up but after replacing I hear absolutely nothing. Truck is boosting to almost 30 with.big power tune. I can hear tons of compressed air running through turbo and power is good but also noticed on big tune it doesnt lay as much black smoke out of tailpipe. Why is there whistle anymore. I kind of liked it and after spending a ton of cash it's kind of disappointing
Good Morning-

I would start with calling the people who made the remain unit-
either it is quiet because that what its supposed to do

or

its quiet because something aint right

Call the tech line and find out

That's what I would do

2007.5 3500HD Silverado LTZ
Kennedy Custom Tune Banks Intake and 4 " exhaust, Air Dog 150, Leveled front end, aftermarket upper control arms, tie rod end sleeves, bypass oil filter, Pusher 3" "hot side" charger tube, aFe Turbo inlet pipe, PPE deep Trans Pan with temp gage, 2 low mod for front differential disable, PACBRAKE 5000# Air Bags with remote on board air...otherwise stock

1953 Chevy truck 496 2 NOS kits ...otherwise stock

1927 Roadster 383 2 NOS kits chassis car (street legal)// otherwise stock
Old 03-31-2020, 05:44 AM   #5 (permalink)
sfcjones
Diesel Legend

iTrader Score: 1 reviews

Armed Forces Club-10075 Member

His last activity was 3.22.20, I guess he doesn't want to hear or see any responses.
2007 Chevy Tahoe with Ranch Hand 240k Miles
2010 Chevy Suburban LTZ 75th Diamond Edition, 106k Miles
Member #67 A(ACLU) Agent Sgt. Slaughter
DP Jug Holder #3
US Army Veteran 25 Years of Service
You haven’t lived ‘til you’ve almost died. For those who have fought for it, life has a flavor the protected will never know.(MACV-SOG)
'A man will reveal his character through his actions, not his skin color.'
Romans 10:13 For Whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be Saved.
NRA Patriot Life Benefactor Member
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

PLEASE READ! You must check your email inbox for the confirmation link to complete registration. Please check your spam box if you do not see the email in your inbox.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in