Deleting+Exergy System Saving my 2011 - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > Power, Performance & Tuning > Fuel System, Air, Exhaust, & Emissions Upgrades
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Mark Forums Read Advertise

Fuel System, Air, Exhaust, & Emissions Upgrades Discuss upgrades to the Duramax fuel system and air system. Bigger turbochargers, more turbo chargers, air boxes, exhaust systems, emissions systems, and fuel pumps all go here.

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2019, 04:04 PM   #1 (permalink)
dwayne26
Low Boost

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

Deleting+Exergy System Saving my 2011

Had my truck for around a month. New to me, With 200,000 km on her. All stock and one owner. The old guy died and I bought from the estate.
I am booked to take my truck in on Oct 15. Below is a list of things I have chosen to have done. I have read about all I can read on this site. Great site with some good advice. Please feel free to make any suggestions. I can still change my order.The shop doing the work told me not to bother with a lift pump????

1) 4" downpipe back exhaust with Hi-flow muffler and a Flow-Pro twister muffler as well (wife doesn't want it too loud) Shop told me it will not decrease power?
2) EFI live single tune (45 horse power tow tune)
3)EGR disable with blocker plates
4)Exergy System Saver " for peace of mind"

4" Downpipe back exhaust-DPF + CAT gone
Hi Flow muffler
Flow-Pro Twister muffler
EFI Single Tune-45hp tow tune
Deviant Race EGR full delete
MBRP Aftermarket Downpipe
Fleece CP3 Conversion Kit
Cranked torsion bars
295/65-18 Duratracs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2019, 05:26 PM   #2 (permalink)
OkDually
Administrator

DieselPlace.com Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwayne26 View Post
Had my truck for around a month. New to me, With 200,000 km on her. All stock and one owner. The old guy died and I bought from the estate.
I am booked to take my truck in on Oct 15. Below is a list of things I have chosen to have done. I have read about all I can read on this site. Great site with some good advice. Please feel free to make any suggestions. I can still change my order.The shop doing the work told me not to bother with a lift pump????

1) 4" downpipe back exhaust with Hi-flow muffler and a Flow-Pro twister muffler as well (wife doesn't want it too loud) Shop told me it will not decrease power?
2) EFI live single tune (45 horse power tow tune)
3)EGR disable with blocker plates
4)Exergy System Saver " for peace of mind"
I would recommend a lift pump.
The 2011-2016 Duramax has a CP4 pump that can cavitate then grenade, contaminates the fuel system/injectors with metal fragments, making you spend thousands in repair bills... with just any oddball fluctuations in stock fuel flow.

The lift pump ensures a constant pressure to the CP4 and less chance of a grenade going off in your fuel system.

1996 K3500 6.5L,( "F" Eng #141 cast block) 5 speed manual, crewcab, dually longbed: 208,000mi.
Diamond Eye 4" Turbo Back Exhaust w/2.5" Flo-Pro Crossover
AirDog II DF165 w/ tank sock delete - XDP
TD-Max boost controller - Kennedy Diesel
OPS extension hose - Leroy Diesel
Glow Plug Harness- PT Wiring Solutions
Glowshift Maxtow EGT,Boost, Fuel gauges
Boost & Fuel Pressure Bolts - Leroy Diesel
2/0 Battery Cable Upgrade - PT Wiring Solutions
PMD w/#9 resistor and Re-Location Kit, mounted to bumper - Leroy Diesel
GM-5 Turbocharger
4.10 gear ratio
OptiLube Winter Formula

Proud member #1039 of The 3500 Dually Club

Online   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2019, 06:18 PM   #3 (permalink)
dwayne26
Low Boost

You know, that's what I thought as well. The shop told me that they have had Cp4's fail with lift pumps as well. That is why he suggested that since I had a small budget, to just put in the Exergy System Saver so that when it blows, it will keep the metal out of my fuel system. He also suggested they have a cheaper "in tank" lift pump that would be cheaper, but wont give you the filtering of an external. So that may be an option.
Hi Flow muffler
Flow-Pro Twister muffler
Cranked torsion bars
295/65-18 Duratracs
Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2019, 06:25 PM   #4 (permalink)
OkDually
Administrator

DieselPlace.com Lifetime Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwayne26 View Post
You know, that's what I thought as well. The shop told me that they have had Cp4's fail with lift pumps as well. That is why he suggested that since I had a small budget, to just put in the Exergy System Saver so that when it blows, it will keep the metal out of my fuel system. He also suggested they have a cheaper "in tank" lift pump that would be cheaper, but wont give you the filtering of an external. So that may be an option.
The lift pump is a plus for any Duramax 01'-16..
A popular choice here has been a Kennedy Single lift pump:
https://www.kennedydiesel.com/catego...bCategory2=125
1996 K3500 6.5L,( "F" Eng #141 cast block) 5 speed manual, crewcab, dually longbed: 208,000mi.
Diamond Eye 4" Turbo Back Exhaust w/2.5" Flo-Pro Crossover
AirDog II DF165 w/ tank sock delete - XDP
TD-Max boost controller - Kennedy Diesel
OPS extension hose - Leroy Diesel
Glow Plug Harness- PT Wiring Solutions
Glowshift Maxtow EGT,Boost, Fuel gauges
Boost & Fuel Pressure Bolts - Leroy Diesel
2/0 Battery Cable Upgrade - PT Wiring Solutions
PMD w/#9 resistor and Re-Location Kit, mounted to bumper - Leroy Diesel
GM-5 Turbocharger
4.10 gear ratio
OptiLube Winter Formula

Proud member #1039 of The 3500 Dually Club

Online   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-23-2019, 01:25 PM   #5 (permalink)
dwayne26
Low Boost

Had the upgrade on the truck for a little over a week now. The Exergy saver didn't come in in time so will be installed in a few weeks. Ran a tank of fuel through it already doing in town driving. Calculating fuel millage manually, seems to be getting around 4 mpg more. So that is a plus. The exhaust may be a bit loud for me , but I knew it was going to be louder by reading the forums on here. The power difference is noticeable for sure. I also notice that the transmission will shift into the next gear sooner then it did before the tune. The rpm's are always lower now. I don't know if that is good or bad??? The smell is very strong when warming up. Sometimes even stinks in the cab. but once again, I knew that from reading the forums. So, overall I am happy knowing I have a more reliable , and more powerful truck.
Thanks for all the info.
Hi Flow muffler
Flow-Pro Twister muffler
Cranked torsion bars
295/65-18 Duratracs
Old 11-08-2019, 02:55 PM   #6 (permalink)
dwayne26
Low Boost

A quick update,
I decided against the Exergy System Saver. Couldn't find anyone who has claimed it worked when the CP4 goes.
I had a full Fleece CP3 Conversion kit installed and at the same time had a Deviant EGR full delete done and a MBRP downpipe.
The truck is even louder then before. I have am getting used to it though. The extra noise is worth the performance gains. I don't know if its the downpipe or the full delete, but what a difference in power. I don't think that the CP3 conversion would give performance increase as the tune hasn't changed other then an adjustment in the tune let the truck run with the new pump.
I wont be doing any other upgrades. I have decided not to go with a lift pump , as it seems the CP3 will run forever without one.
I love this web site. Read it daily. Has some info on here that you couldn't put a price tag on.
Thanks
Hi Flow muffler
Flow-Pro Twister muffler
Cranked torsion bars
295/65-18 Duratracs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

PLEASE READ! You must check your email inbox for the confirmation link to complete registration. Please check your spam box if you do not see the email in your inbox.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in