07 LBZ losing prime after CAT filter installation. - Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums

Home Forum Market Place Garage Tuning Library DTC Tool Register Vendors
Go Back   Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums > Power, Performance & Tuning > Fuel System, Air, Exhaust, & Emissions Upgrades
Register FAQ Forum Rules My Replies My Threads Advertise

Fuel System, Air, Exhaust, & Emissions Upgrades Discuss upgrades to the Duramax fuel system and air system. Bigger turbochargers, more turbo chargers, air boxes, exhaust systems, emissions systems, and fuel pumps all go here.

DieselPlace.com is the premier Duramax Diesel Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-11-2018, 09:47 AM   #1 (permalink)
glamisorbust
Diesel Apprentice

iTrader Score: 0 reviews

07 LBZ losing prime after CAT filter installation.

I just installed a new CAT fuel filter and adapter about two months ago. It has given me nothing but problems, losing prime at least 50 times.

I don't know if there is a flaw in the filter or adapter. Has anyone else had a similar issue with this setup? Getting tired of priming this thing. I have checked everything obvious like bleeder screw, o-rings, etc and don't see anything suspicious. Thanks in advance.

2007 Classic Silverado CCSB 4x4 Graystone Metallic. 5% tint all the way around. Flat black powder coated H2's with stock center caps. BFG rugged trail t/a 265/75/17's. Airlift airbags with pump and in-cab controls. Cobra 25 40 channel cb with wilson 5000 magnet mount 6' steel whip. Pioneer AVHP3100DVD head unit with 600 watt amp, two 10" subs downfire underneath back seat. Stock door speakers. EGR blocked. OEM towing mirrors.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-11-2018, 10:25 AM   #2 (permalink)
heymccall
Diesel Elite

Remove the assembly from the truck (2 hoses and two bolts).
After emptying it, block the inlet (finger, rubber plug, etc..). Operate the primer and verify that it holds suction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GetSome8.1HD
Its not like I said I enjoyed reading Good Housekeeping while taking a candle lit bubble bath then proceeding to using a loofah with exfoliating creams all while thinking about you . Now THAT would be creepy
Member #21 of the OiO association
Offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-21-2018, 11:09 AM   #3 (permalink)
glamisorbust
Diesel Apprentice

Ok, I will try that. If it does not hold suction, does the filter head need to be rebuilt?
2007 Classic Silverado CCSB 4x4 Graystone Metallic. 5% tint all the way around. Flat black powder coated H2's with stock center caps. BFG rugged trail t/a 265/75/17's. Airlift airbags with pump and in-cab controls. Cobra 25 40 channel cb with wilson 5000 magnet mount 6' steel whip. Pioneer AVHP3100DVD head unit with 600 watt amp, two 10" subs downfire underneath back seat. Stock door speakers. EGR blocked. OEM towing mirrors.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-21-2018, 02:11 PM   #4 (permalink)
dozerboy
Diesel Guru

Lone Star Diesels Member

It mean you have air getting in somewhere likely the filter head. You might need a new one over a rebuild. I rebuilt my filter head twice after I continue to lose Prime after the first rebuild. The second time I bought a higher-quality kit thinking that was the problem. It still leaked, so I hot a new one.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

These views expressed on this post are not my own, but rather randomly generated computer gibberish, and in no way should be used to judge the author's IQ or mental health.

Old 06-13-2018, 09:25 AM   #5 (permalink)
glamisorbust
Diesel Apprentice

Thank you. It has been losing prime probably every 20 times it is started. Stalls immediately. Then I pump up the primer and fire it up. Never had problems like this before with this truck.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Diesel Place : Chevrolet and GMC Diesel Truck Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

PLEASE READ! You must check your email inbox for the confirmation link to complete registration. Please check your spam box if you do not see the email in your inbox.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in