Diesel Place banner

Meth injection and def systems

LML: 
7K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  garrett41 
#1 ·
Will there be a problem with installing a water/meth system on a '14 lml?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#3 ·
I am stating this with little knowledge on the topic, but Banks has a water/meth kit available for all of the newer diesels. Banks does not do any emission delete kits, so that tells me that they are having success running the water/meth kits with all emissions in place. Banks is very thorough in their product development and would not release a product that would cause issues with factory systems.

#9 ·
…The methanol burns cleaner, and will break up any soot that would normally accumulate, therefore, less regen cycles, hence less def being burnt, and the increased power and mileage.
I think you misunderstand how the new emissions system works. The DEF gets injected into the exhaust system all the time in order to facilitate the conversion of nitrogen oxides into water and nitrogen to reduce emissions. It has nothing to do with regeneration.

During regeneration a bunch of extra diesel fuel is actually dumped into the exhaust to combust in the catalytic converter and burn the soot out of the diesel particulate filter. A reduction in the number of regens will save diesel fuel, not DEF.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.