Diesel Place banner

Snow Max MPG tuning

2K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  SnowPerformance 
#1 · (Edited)
I had some bucking at idle coming to a stop, so I adjusted the MPG turn on point to 4psi and 100% at 25psi and it went away. I still couldn't feel the Horespower gain, so I adjusted the HP turn on point to 10psi and added fresh alky to a 50/50 mix.

Should I turn the MPG % down to say 15psi? I want to feel the difference of HP like everyone else reports.

#2 · (Edited)
Turned MPG % to 8 and HP start at 7. That seemed to help with horsepower. It spools like a raped ape now!

I'm gonna try more testing tomorrow morning with less heat and humidity.. It's 90 deg and 70% humidity . I'm sure that's playing a role in this too.

Is anyone experiencing hard starting with a plume of white smoke?

#5 · (Edited)
If its hard starting and white smoke, you may want to turn it off earlier when you stop the truck from the previous drive. It needs a few minutes to clear the moisture out.

Make sure it turns off,both pump and solenoids.

When I pulled my intake off I had some water pooled at the bottom of egr/intake pipe. Previous drive I had stopped spraying about 5 miles from home, 2 miles of it was eway. And that is with my solenoid inches from the intake, stopping the flow right when its shut off. It wasn't much, but it was there. I'm guessing turning it off a few minutes earlier will take care of it.

#4 ·
You should have a 175 MPG nozzle and either a 375 or 625 Power nozzle installed.

Your MPG Start should be around 6-8psi.

Your MPG 100% Point should be around 16psi.

Your Power Mode Start point should be around 6-10psi below max boost (e.g. if max boost is 40psi, select 30psi for Power Mode Start)

White smoke at startup or bucking at idle simply means quench - too much fluid, or too much too often.

#7 ·
A 375 nozzle on MPG should be much too big, and would explain the white smoke, etc. Unless you put your MPG points up much higher, which would defeat the purpose of the MPG mode!

You can, of course, use the 175 on MPG mode, and BOTH the 375 and 625 in POWER mode. Sounds like that is what would be best?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.