Diesel Place banner

Water Meth not working?

LBZ: 
5K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  dusty92900 
#1 ·
i recently bought this truck, it came with the edge evolution juice w/ attitude, and one of the Snow Performance water meth packages. I really dont know what water meth set up it is. and there is a switch on the dash that i switch over and the screen on the water meth turns on. i know everything is hooked up but i still get egts around 1320 when im to the floor. just not sure if the water meth is working.

#3 ·
i know everything is hooked up but i still get egts around 1320 when im to the floor. just not sure if the water meth is working.

Mine can get as high as 1300*F towing, when I know its working ( it goes through 7 gal in less than 2 Hrs). Thats with straight water. 1400*F and mabey higher with 50/50 mix towing. I dont even have a programed truck ( stock ). I'm finding out the hard and expensive way that even when its " working " it does not work as claims. I do have nice power increase with 50/50 mix. I'm having problems with mine quite often. Now mine wont pump at all. Soliniods last about 2 months then just "click" but do not open. So far 2 are just paper weights. I'm not very happy at all with my setup.

#5 ·
I would think that it is in fact working if it keeps your EGT down to 1300 as opposed to 1400+. I have it on my truck also and NO just like most items sold it doesn't doo quite what they claim. It does help though, just not as much as you would really like it to.

#8 ·
I am not an expert by any means but I think all of the diesel trucks with a single turbo will exceed 1400 when it is WOT towing up a hill and that is when you would of course need the water injection to try and control the EGT.

#9 · (Edited)
Which model/level kit or controller part#would help.

If you have two solenoids it sounds like the mpg/max or similar.

#10 ·
i will get a photo as soon as i can, but even with out towing anything, and with my chip right down to 0 on the stock setting, if i keep the pedal down to the floor, by the time i hit about 150km/h, sometimes even sooner, my egt's hit 1200 no problem, and even get to the high 1300's. thinking maybe its not the water meth not working, but maybe something else in the truck?

#11 ·
Swinks11 - one more thing, i do not have a jug that the water meth would have came with. the owner before me has it hooked right up to the windshield water bottle, and must have been running -40*c windshield washer fluid? You say you go through about 7 gallons within 2 hours. since i have had the truck, ive only filled up the bottle once and i always run the water meth, and have put on about 6000 km.. the truck did sit for 2 years before i bought it so im guessing the pump does not work.

#12 ·
I would put money on it that at least one or more pieces of the system are not working. In 3 months from brand new I've had the Pump, Check Valve, and 2 Soliniods all fail. If/When the monitor fails that will be whole kit. My kit and probaley yours too ( as install instructions ) has a 625ml/min. and 375ml/min. jets. It works out to 26 Minutes at full injection rate and your empty. (7Gal. = 26L @ 1 L/min. injection rate.) Thats about 4 minutes with your 1 gal. washer tank. +/-. Remember your only injecting if the display is showing an injection rate. ( And if its working at all ) Mine is set to start injecting at 18psi+ of boost. So with the empty truck it rarely goes that high and I would be able to go for very long time on 7 gal. Towing in the mountains, every hill is full injection rate.

#13 ·
IMHO 1320 is really good. I can peg my 1500deg isspro pyro extremely quick on my hottest tune but with my snow stage two kit on I can see anywhere from a 250-300 deg drop I'm using two of the largest nozzles snow offers unless they've gone bigger since my purchase in 2007 with the 150psi snow pump. I see 1320 as a good number if your running the hottest tune on the edge becareful if the trans is stock as you'll slip it quickly from the added power of the two mods.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.