Diesel Place banner

snow tow max stealth install

LBZ: 
3K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  rodder55 
#1 · (Edited)
I recently added a snow performance tow max kit to my truck and wanted a little bit more of a space friendly kit. so I decided to do away with box mount set up so i came up with my new install i utilized a def tank from a 2011 duramax lml and mounted on passanger side where it mounts on new trucks and mounted pump under intake.

I made my own filler hose outta some plastic sump pump hose and a basic 1 1/4" npt nipple end with a cap.
now the tank had alot of extra crap in it that I did not need so I removed most of it and plugged off holes.
I did use the small white pick up that gm used for def pick , I used heat shrink to build up the pipe diameter then it was snug fit this way I knew it would pull from bottem low spot of tank.
I used bulk head fitting supplied from snow to enter tank lid. then ran to pump and to engine.

Attachments

See less See more
Reactions: DrillerD
#3 ·
It hasn't lost prime yet so I think I'm in the clear

#6 · (Edited)
I actually got tank for free from buddy at the dealership. changed it on warranty and was destined for the dumpster. Something with the heater or something.
And yes a great use for tank holds approx 7 gal

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.