Diesel Place banner

To spray or not

5K views 21 replies 8 participants last post by  procomp36 
#1 ·
I am looking into snow performance stage 2 mostly for cooler egt's whale towingbut I was wondering the negatives of doing somthing like this I will run around 25% meth to water thanks

#2 ·
I was in the same boat awhile back and instead of the mater meth, I went with the banks intercooler and 3" boost tubes and the lml drivers manifold, dropped 225 degrees

#9 ·
Other than the temp drop did you notice any more pulling power from banks? Mileage Gains?
I ordered the Stage#3 Tow Max Water/Meth from Snow about a week and a half ago and was going to report back with real world data on this system. Still waiting for it to come in.

#3 ·
Wow thats good but the cost?

#4 ·
I have seen the banks kit for 1200 and I am looking into a dually in the next year or so I just wanted to know the down side of w/m also I can remove the w/m system and move it to another truck

#5 ·
Congrats on the dually almost.....I didnt like the cost compared to the meth but I like not having one more thing to add under the hood.. good luck.

#6 ·
Well I was hoping to hear some answers but mabe not

#7 ·
Moved to propane and water/meth

#8 ·
I had water meth on my Lmm for awhile and it helped quite a bit. I didn't notice and fall backs on running it. I also only ran window washer fluid as well

#12 ·
Just curious, have you ever tried greater that 50% methanol Mix? Or is the 50/50 mix as high as someone should ever go?

#14 ·
Ok so pre intercooler or post I think pre so it cools the intercooler also but would that make for water pooling in the intercooler

#16 ·
How about the snow performance 48003 its the stage 3

#18 ·
Hello, I too am waiting to see if anyone has any information on water/meth or propane injection. I've got a 2500 Suburban with the 6.5. Just put a TON of money into it; injector pump, lift pump, injectors, glow plugs, PROM, waste-gate actuator, and more. It runs good now, but haven't filled up the tank to see what numbers I'm getting now for mileage. I've heard both yes and now on water/meth injection and propane. Surely someone has hard numbers I can realate to. Thanks.

#20 ·
Lots I cant find any info on the boost being 25 to 100 psi the kit # is 48003 also what I am trying to do is lower the egts when towing..heavy and I dont want to hurt anything so I am looking for the best kit to do that..also I have heard of a ring that is installed inline with the boost tube for the nozzles?

#22 ·
I think I may go with the stage 2 I don't think i need the stage 3 ?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.