Diesel Place banner

Anyone Ever tried this?????

5K views 16 replies 6 participants last post by  Robby Avery 
#1 ·
I've been curious to know if any gain in the hp dapartment would be noticed if the snow boost juice I use was placed in a cooler full of ice prior to filling my tank up per say at a sled pull or a dragstirp before making a pass? I know the cooler temp of the W/M would help greatly in the EGT reduction but would it make for a much cooler denser combo of water/meth/air entering the combustion chamber or would that be to much of a temp spike on the piston when it hits TDC and explodes the mixture? Just trying to think of ways to make safe relible power but use the KISS (keep it simple stupid:rolleyes:) method as well.

#2 ·
Never got any replies on this so I'm bringing back form the dead!

#3 ·
What mixture are you running?

Are you looking for quick power for a few seconds? Then just run straight meth...

The highest i would run is 50/50. To answer your question though! Its about a 1%hp gain for every 10 degrees that you can drop the intake temp. So say your at roughly 500hp and you drop the intake temp with 5lb bag of ice (lots do this) you will gain 10hp.

Running straight meth on stock tune i gained 105hp/230tq.

#6 ·
Good question! lol

Elevation was up there(3200ft?) lower 80 degree day, stock tune, straight pipe, air dog, egr delete, CAI, LBZ MP, i think thats it? On a mustang dyno...

Reactions: jo chrome
#9 ·
The colder the better. You may see results on a dyno and the egt gauge but i wouldnt expect anything amazing from the drivers seat.

#11 ·
Just wondering if it would knock a few 1/10ths off or possibly add a horse or two?

#12 ·
I can't see how it would hurt anything.

#14 ·
So its pretty much a bust and isn't going to do a darn thing Good thing I saved the ice for the beer not the horse power lol!

#17 ·
My "plan b" was the NOS intercooler spray bar kit along with the DEI water mist kit to super cool the IC. The iced down boost juice was "plan a" but since its a bust "plan b" now steps in I may even try all three just to see how cold and dense I can get the intake charge.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.