Diesel Place banner

Install help needed

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Robby Avery 
#1 ·
I got a snow performance stage 3 sitting on the garage floor and hope to get around to it in a few weeks and cool down my LML. I just have a few questions that i have being searching a lot for with no success maybe some veterans can help me with. I don't have the manual with me right now but I believe it has 3 nozzles, 1 boost/vacuum nozzle or port and a EGT probe.

Where is the best place on the intake for the nozzles pics would rock? and not too sure where to put the boost/pressure monitor in the intake as well? I have a EGT installed already for my H&S i really don't think I need 2? will the boost controller display egt's at all times does the controller even use EGT? if so I was just going to pull out the HS prob and stick in the snow performance. Has anybody came up with a method to use the DEF tank for water/meth? Any help would be greatly appreciated and pics are so easy. Thanks

#4 ·
Have you tried contacting snow directly and see what they say???

#5 · (Edited)
I'm not sure what snow's correct answer would be but here is mine. In theory I would think you would want the nozzles post throttle body pre intake manifold as well as the boost tap in. My reason for saying this is because you dont want W/M injecting pre throttle body it'll just puddle up in the IC pipe if proper boost pressure is not reached and the butterfly isn't open enough. Since your going to use your existing EGT thermocoupler I would suggest making sure that each end of the leadwire (yelllow and red) be wrapped in (electrical tape) seperate in wire loom so you don't get a mis-reading incase they ever decide to touch. I used the wind sheild washer tank you never know you might want to delete the DEF tank sooner or later I love the look of the new trucks but the DEF tank just looks goofy hanging out on the front frame rail hope this helps.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.