Diesel Place banner

Banks meth injection

11K views 19 replies 11 participants last post by  Prophet 
#1 ·
I saw it in DP mag,
Just got off the phone with Banks.
They are keeping it under wraps for now. Will be released "soon". Unfortunatly with Banks soon could be 12 months. :( We'll see.
Also - Jeff Barker no longer works there, he's at Bosch now is what I was told.

#2 ·
Been toying with the idea of meth for my truck.If your excited about Banks putting out a system I may hold off for a bit to see what they will offer!

#5 ·
I wouldn't get my hopes up

#6 ·
I'll place my order now as I won't have to part with my money any time soon

#7 ·
I find it funny that banks is just now getting into the W/M world and snow has been at it for a while now. I think I'll stick with snow never had a problem with the kit I have and will be eventually putting the same kit on my 02. X2 on the waiting game banks takes as much time as possible before release of any of their products. I remember waiting months on the six gun for my 06 back in 2006 seemed like they were never going to release it but finally did and it was fun but then I stepped up to efi and never looked back.

#8 ·
Not to hijack this thread, but while we are on the subject of banks, Has anyone heard anything about the speedloader race tuner or if there will be a new person representing banks on DP since they are supposed to be the "premier" (cough) duramax tuner.

#9 ·
I'm not sure we received a response when we asked about a new representative.

#11 ·
Well I emailed banks to day about a question regarding the speedloader race tuner today and also slipped in a question about a replacement rep too.

#12 ·
You know I've been thinking about this thread all day today and come to think of it they all are really pretty much the same systems and do the same thing so its really up to the customer on what kit/company they want to use/buy from. JMO

#14 ·
pretty much what I've seen

If your planning to run water/meth injection constantly, you need to make sure you can get hold of the juice easily and cheaply otherwise it's gonna be expensive deal.

meth is around $2.25 per gallon around here. I usually run straight water until temps drop and I have to add meth

#13 ·
If your planning to run water/meth injection constantly, you need to make sure you can get hold of the juice easily and cheaply otherwise it's gonna be expensive deal.

#17 ·
Gale Banks was on MotorWeek TV and their was a mentioned of the W/M system.

Here is a link: Gale Banks | MotorWeek

#18 · (Edited)
snow performance mpg max already has it all mapped out works well .If getting boost juice is a problem make your own its just meth & water we are kind of lucky up north we have -40 washer fluid 48% meth 52% water with blue dye in it ( got a whmis test on it ) and its around 2.50 gal talked to snow and there boost is the same except 49% & 51% with a bit of red dye the max they can ship without it being a "dangerous goods" kind of best to run this kind of percentage water cools egts & meth makes the power and a more complete combustion. nothing wrong with banks just find they like to really ride on there name and there own price point...

#20 ·
BUMP!

Any updates on the Banks systems and how they compare to the Snow packages? I'd like to know I how thei controllers differ. All kinds of hype out there.

-P.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.