Diesel Place banner

Cooling mist customize

3K views 18 replies 4 participants last post by  MAX BOWTIE 
#1 · (Edited)
I've been pouring over threads trying to learn more about w/m injection, and I'm looking at cooling mists stage 1 deluxe. It only includes one nozzle but from what I've read I think I would like the addition of a second nozzle. I'm not big on having an electronic module control the injection, like what is offered in the other packages by cooling mist. So I'm thinking if I install two Hobbs switches, one set for 10 psi and the other set for 18 psi and wire them to their own respected solenoids I can acheive a two nozzle package at a lesser cost. Does this sound like a good option?

#2 ·
#3 ·
I think that would work, I don't think it will be very smooth. IMO, your better off getting the diesel VC2 kit, add a tee and a extra injector. That is what I did last year and been happy with it since. I'm running the CM7 (10gph) and the CM10 (12.8gph). On the street I normaly have it set to come on at 10psi (25%) and max out at 30psi (100%). When I'm towing I turn the set points down to 6psi and max out at 15psi. My max turbo psi is about 40.
Pics of a great mounting spot in garage.

#4 · (Edited)
Gotcha... You think it would be harsh when the second nozzle kicked in with the setup I was thinking of? And do you think I should run two CM5 nozzles for my truck? I'm not running anywhere near the power you are! :) Thanks for the input!

#5 ·
I don't know if it would be harsh, but for a little more $ you would have alot more flexibility. And I know the VC2 is smooth.

#6 ·
Gotcha. Nice pics in your garage! I'm jealous!

#7 ·
I have the basic kit that they quit selling this last summer. Now I know I'm no where close to the HP and boost. I wired it up so I can turn the system on and the boost switch comes on at 4psi flowing 3gph. Then I added a solenoid to open up at the flip of a switch to flow another 8gph for a total of 11gph when I need it. I have not had any issues when turning on the higher flow. The only issues I have seen are when topping a hill and not turning the 8gph off and getting flame quench.

Try looking at aquastealth.com for lower cost kits and extra parts. Their nozzles are great as well as the solenoid I got from them. Same as coolingmist but alot easier on the wallet. If you do piece together a system, the cooling mist tubing is awsome stuff.

John

#8 ·
Awesome! Thanks John

#10 ·
I have not found one for that "cheap". That was why I went with the dirrection I did. I have right at $300 for everything in my system. $150 to $200 bones for just a controler to me is not that cheap. But then again I did everything at a time when I was packing to move. So money was a huge issue. And I can add to the system as I need to or delete the sysytem if needed. So versitility is there.

I just didn't think one needs to throw an arm and leg with first born to spray water into the intake. But that is just me.

John

#11 ·
While some think $400~$500 is an arm and leg with first born, others may think is not that much money. Especially for a quality, trouble free progressive water/meth injection system.

#12 ·
I got a 4 month used CMGS kit with two CM5 nozzles, tank, tank fitting and level sensor, Y connector, hose, wiring, flow sensor, and hobbs switch for what some people are selling their used controllers for. The deals are out there. I bought the kit because I could sell the kit minus the controller as a stage 1 kit (hobbs switch included), and get the controller for the difference. I have 2 version 1 Devil's Own controllers that I`d sell for $50 now that I have the CMGS, and know of a version 2 DO controller for $75. I'd have bought it if i hadn't stumbled into the CMGS deal, and used an AEM flow monitor. Failsafe, flow monitoring, progressive kit for $500.

Picked up the kit I have now for $200 used 6 years ago. Not the best, but did what I needed, still does, and everything else has just been bells and whistles till now.

#13 ·
$200 for a 4 month used CMGS kit is a awsome deal :thumb:

#15 ·
Yes I've been looking at that kit also. Just liked the ability to tune without a computer involved. But I understand what you are saying. Thank you all for your input!

#17 ·
Shaman, maybe "computer" is not the correct word. I just liked the simplicity of two Hobbs switches. That's what I was trying to say

#19 ·
Shaman, thanks for your input. I'm new to w/m and was just looking at some options. Thanks again all!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.