Diesel Place banner

Meth Resivor Location

2K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  Robby Avery 
#1 ·
Sholud I remove the right side battery in order to keep the resivor & pump under the hood? Don't really want a resivor & pump in the truck bed, I like to use my truck as a truck. :confused:

#3 ·
I have an aux. fuel tank in the bed with a small toolbox built onto it. My tank and pump goes in it. It's lockable, out of sight and there when i fuel up. could put one in a regular toolbox.

#4 ·
a friend of mine found a large stainless steel res on craigslist. its about 4' long, 1 1/2' wide and about 5'' deep. he mounted it under his bed. the res. had a fill hole welded onto the top of it. so he drilled a hole through the bed to access it when its time to fill it.

the container holds 5 gals. so maybe you could do something like that? you cant see the pump or the tank at all. unless your under the truck.

#5 ·
A friend and I were discussing getting a custom tank built like that . I can't put mine in the toolbox as I remove it to race.

#6 ·
Back when Dan Labonte was working through his system he was talking about a solution they were working on... and it was basically a tank under the bed tucked up against the frame with a filler neck that came out just in front of the right rear wheel. Of course it would take some bracing to accomplish this. But it seems an under-the-bed tank is the only reasonable approach for any size tank.

I'm sure there are some threads out here discussing Dan's plan... but if I remember correctly, they were going to cost $300 or more just for the tank.

I'd still like to add water/meth to my truck someday... but not gonna happen in the immediate future... :(

#8 · (Edited)
Back when Dan Labonte was working through his system he was talking about a solution they were working on... and it was basically a tank under the bed tucked up against the frame with a filler neck that came out just in front of the right rear wheel. Of course it would take some bracing to accomplish this. But it seems an under-the-bed tank is the only reasonable approach for any size tank.

I'm sure there are some threads out here discussing Dan's plan... but if I remember correctly, they were going to cost $300 or more just for the tank.

I'd still like to add water/meth to my truck someday... but not gonna happen in the immediate future... :(

Was this the tank you were talking about?

http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/showthread.php?t=404196

Too bad Labonte MS is now MIA because I was looking at W/M injection myself too.

#7 ·
just look around on craigslist and ebay... thousands of things use res. that would be perfect for meth. it doesnt have to be purpose built or cost an arm and a leg

IMHO $300.00 is absolutely absurd. thats theivery.

#10 ·
Yeah, no. I got a 12 gal rv tank off craigslist for $20. I refuse to pay that kind of money for a water tank. I know they can handle the meth as well due to the winterizer used is alcohol based. At least the stuff we used was. Going in under the bed. Just have to fab up the brackets and a skid plate for it. No big deal.

John

#11 · (Edited)
Yeah, no. I got a 12 gal rv tank off craigslist for $20. I refuse to pay that kind of money for a water tank. I know they can handle the meth as well due to the winterizer used is alcohol based. At least the stuff we used was. Going in under the bed. Just have to fab up the brackets and a skid plate for it. No big deal.

John

That's a pretty sweet idea for a source of large cheap water/methanol tanks but most RV antifreeze available now is made from mostly Propylene Glycol and water not alcohol. It may still be fine since I believe the windshield washer and RV water tanks are generally made of high-density polyethylene which should resist exposure to methanol just fine.

#12 ·
The one I got was out of a 1960's trailer. It's not like the one in our current 5er. This one is a soft "plastic" almost rubbery one. A quick google search turned up not a thing about the MFG of the tank. It's not a worry to me as I just plan on water in it anyways.

The winterizer I got was from an old shop that was going out of business. Got it for 2 bucks a gallon if I bought the cases. It was cheap enough so I got it. Maybe that was why it was so cheap and dusty.:rolleyes: Anywho it still works and got rid of the funky smell and taste to the water. :D

John

#13 ·
I'm envisioning a rather large diameter piece of PVC pipe mounted up under the bed. You could check with a sprinkler install place for a cut off piece perhaps of large diameter pipe?

#14 ·
I just tapped in to the stock windshield washer tank and mounted my pump right below it on the frame bracket behind the driver side fog light. Its high enough that its hidden from view and protected by the front of the plastic fender liner. That way I just look for the DIC to tell me my washer fuild is low and I know then to fill it back up with boost juice. Thats the sleeper approach I took.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.