Diesel Place banner

Nitrous or Meth?

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  dmaxpayton 
#1 ·
I already have a nitrous kit but I was thinking about trading it for a meth kit. Which would be better? I drive my truck everyday and I race every weekend

#2 ·
I like water/methanol.
Seems like it gets you the most bang for your buck. Just install your set up and replenish it at any walmart or auto parts store for a few dollars and you can set it to go any time you want a little more power.
Seems like it gives the most power the cheapest and you can use any time.

Seems like nitrous is for when you get to the point where you cant cram any more air into the engine for one reason or another and need the oxygen. Nitrous seems like a good alternative to getting a much bigger and very expensive turbo that wouldn't do so great on the street.

#3 ·
I like water/methanol.
Seems like it gets you the most bang for your buck. Just install your set up and replenish it at any walmart or auto parts store for a few dollars and you can set it to go any time you want a little more power.
Seems like it gives the most power the cheapest and you can use any time.

Seems like nitrous is for when you get to the point where you cant cram any more air into the engine for one reason or another and need the oxygen. Nitrous seems like a good alternative to getting a much bigger and very expensive turbo that wouldn't do so great on the street.

You can put together a decent single stage nitrous kit for less than $500 with a bottle warmer....... Ive also never talked to anyone in person who was satisfied with any of the more affordable water meth kits. In fact a buddy of mine was so disgusted with a few different kits he tried he ended up building his own.

I personally went with nitrous because from my reasearch there is more power to be made. Not to say experimenting with water meth isnt possibly in my future as adding power generates more heat....

#4 ·
If you are over fueled then water/meth isn't going to gain much power if any at all. Basically you will benefit from the cooling end of the water. Nitrous would be better then. I have tried both and really like the water meth over the nitrous. My truck was underfueled so I picked up good power from the water meth

#5 ·
Ok is there anything i need to do tuning wise for nitous? like timing? Im dumping a pretty good amount of fuel. and is to much fuel bad for nitrous?

#6 ·
Nope alot of people back down timing but i have found that diesels like timing with nitrous. I keep the tune exactly the same

#7 · (Edited)
OK, since were talking nitrous and im fresh to the scene. Whats the general consensus on what one can spray without bringing cylinder pressure to dangerous levels? I plan on trying to get my truck on a dyno and do some logging soon, but i have not been able to get any real feedback on nitrous setups and jet sizes from other people.

#8 ·
Same. Are the Jet sizes the same for the nitrous side on a wet and a dry kit?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.