Diesel Place banner

Dry or wet?

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  dmaxpayton 
#1 ·
I have a nitrous kit for my 80 model silverado and i was thinking about putting it on my dmax but i have a few questions? would the jet sizes the same for diesel and would a wet kit be better for a diesel or dry?

#2 ·
Most diesels dont add fuel to there nitrous when injecting. They use use a dry shot and let the injectors to dump fuel into the cylinder.

#4 ·
a specific jet size will vary hp on a diesel engine because of the variance of fuel and timing. for instance a size .0070 jet on your truck will make less hp difference than a truck with bigger injectors running a different efi live tune. to really tune into nitrous on a diesel you need a dyno and plenty of common sense. remember that one backfire can cost you thousands! take it slow to start and from what i have heard dont exceed much over a .0070 jet on a stock bottom end. good luck.

#5 ·
Seen quite a few nitrous backfires, for some reason, it doesn't sound like a normal explosion like BOOM or BANG, It sounds like "EXPENSIVE"

I am will bigdmax on this one. You need to have access to a dyno to set it up properly so you don't go tooo far and commit D'max homicide. Then you will be hated ;-) unless you have beer

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.