Diesel Place banner

Snow perfromance

2K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  BHoward6.6 
#1 ·
I just put the stg 2 kit on my C4500. The only reason I bought this kit is to cool the EGT's pulling which it is not doing at all it seems to be the same as with out. Ive tried the settings just about every where, now I have got the 625ml nozzle set at 12psi start and 33psi max with 70%water and 30% meth i also upped the pump psi. They clam to cool 250 degrees not seeing that at all. Is there something I can do different to get the results they clam?

#2 ·
Use 100% dist. Water. Install a bigger injector, around 12 gph- 1000 ml. Set it to come on at 30% boost and max out at 100% boost, so if max boost is 25psi, it should come on at 8 psi and max out at 25.

#3 ·
Use 100% dist. Water. Install a bigger injector, around 12 gph- 1000 ml. Set it to come on at 30% boost and max out at 100% boost, so if max boost is 25psi, it should come on at 8 psi and max out at 25.[/QUOTE

Thanks for the reply, I'll try the just water and see what that does. It just seems like if I get that max set around 28 to 30 it starts to quench so adding a bigger nozzle seems like it would make it worse at the max. Snow suggested I up the pump psi which seemed to help cause its putting more at the start but still nothing like I was hoping for. And C4500 are programed much different than a regular truck itll shift a 2000rpm no matter what so not sure if its just harder to find the sweet spot.

#5 ·
Alright just got home from Havasu which is about 500 miles one way pulling my boat which is about 5000lbs. I have a 35gal tank for water/meth mix set at 8psi to come on and 28 max so it ran pretty much all the time but i ran through the 35gal in about 2 1/2hrs. So should i only use it when iam pulling a hill? and it really didnt cool egt's compared to when i ran out of water so not real impressed with the set up. any ideas?

#7 ·
35 gallons in 2.5 hours???!

You sure you don't have a leak somewhere?
Take the nozzle out of intake and let it spray out on the ground and check for leaks.

Will do that when i get off today. I did that when i put the kit on to make sure it was spraying and didnt notice any leaks but will check again. Now correct me if Iam wrong but if i have a 12gph nozzle then i would use 24gal in 2hours? now my tank has a sight glass and it wasnt completly full when i left but about 3/4 so of 35gal would be around 30gal so if on for 2.5hours straight that would have used close to that amount?

#9 ·
When towing you should use about 15%~25% water/meth to fuel. When I pull my 5th wheel to Vegas, I use about 30 gallons of diesel (300 miles) and I use about 5 gallons of water/meth.
Set your W/M to come on about 3~5 psi above your cruise boost psi.

#11 ·
When I am towing my cruising boost psi is about 6~8 so my W/M comes on at 12~13. And full on at 20psi.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.