Diesel Place banner

water injection

LLY: 
2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Shaman 
#1 ·
Just have a couple questions about water injection. First is it good for my lly, would it add power for smoother operation????? Also my made/set up a homemade water injection for his lly what he did was put a Tee in on his windshield washer fluid line then off from the tee ran it into his intake so when he hits the windshield washer switch it sprays on his windshield and into his turbo. anyone ever do anything like this or seen anything like this???? Is this practical? In my eyes i don't see hows it wouldn't work ? but im new to water injection....Any info would be great
Thanks

#3 ·
Definitely not the way to do it. Running a stream of water will not do anything to reduce your temperatures. It also increases chances of too much going into on place and causing problems. In the VERY least, mount a nozzle on the end of the hose, but I would do this for nothing more than cleaning things out, because your atomization will be horrible. If you want to use the water meth for benefiting your engine, buy or build a kit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.