Diesel Place banner

Water Methonal

2K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  lilwhitelbz2 
#1 ·
Just ordered a water meth kit, someone told me that i need to watch out for a certain ingredient in the mix. something that is bad to run through the system.. any body know what it is?

#4 ·
You 'can' run wws. But in the threads with my oil analysis results, it would seem that running tap water and/or wws puts crap like calcium, magnesium, potassium, sodium, lead, and other crap in your oil.

What the long term effects of said additives in your engine are I don't know nor do I want to know

If your going to run wws stick with the blue stuff. Look for the wws that DOES NOT have added bug juice and has only meth and water. Stores are required to be able to provide you the msds so you can check what's in it

#7 ·
moved to water/meth

#8 ·
1) Keep it under 50%. More like 27-35% IIRC (I'm a wannabe, no personal experience yet, but I researched this long and hard a couple years ago)
2) The big no no is detergent. Shake the bottle. If it bubbles like soap water, don't use it. Also... if it reports to have special stuff to clean dead bugs off your windshield, that's not good either.
3) WWF works as long as it doesn't have detergent in it. If you "mix your own", make sure you use distilled water as the base.

#9 ·
i mix mine 50 50 and use straight meth with distilled water. The cooling effect isn't as strong this way but it still helps. the power is good also :D

#10 ·
You will want the -20 blue WWF. Like others have said, you want to stay away from anything that has anything else in it besides water and methanol. On my last truck I had ran everything from straight distilled water to pure meth and everywhere in between. Best results for mileage I got was running straight WWF which I think is around 20% meth. 50/50 mix is where you can really start to feel the power gains.

#11 · (Edited)
Power Mileage

Met somene today with a 07 Duramax, He built a one qt. see through container,3/4 full water and 1/2 teaspoon baken soda, with s steel anoid in the solution 12 volt wired to it with a switch that he puts on after he
starts the motor, 6 amps to it, it starts to bubble, he said that is Hydrogen,
1/2 " lined in to the intake before the turbo. I stayed 20 away when he
started it. he's had this for some time now. HAS ANYONE HERD OF SUCH
A THING??????? Claims he has lots of power.

#12 ·
So if i purchase water meth can you run straight distilled water and how much would that effect my egts?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.